Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #31
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i told him to come here, i also told his fiancee he was gonna get some dickhead answers some of you guys do a lot of bitching about non-riders perceptions of us. Well, heres an oportunity to maybe change some folk's minds. chris: i'll shoot you a pm later with my info
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #32
shmike
Follower

1. Your age, location and profession.
31, South Florida, Professional

3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.
Car share doesn't work in Florida.

4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
Main bike is a Triumph 675. It looks sexy, sounds subtle and feels like it fits.

5. Your first bike and how you got it.
My first bike was a trike. Honda ATC 110. Dad bought it at a garage sale and fixed it up.

6. Your ideal bike.
No such thing. One of each please.

7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
I'm not sure what category my bike(s) fall into.

8. What does a bike say about its owner?
Mine say: "He abuses me."
Old 03-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #33
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i told him to come here, i also told his fiancee he was gonna get some dickhead answers some of you guys do a lot of bitching about non-riders perceptions of us. Well, heres an oportunity to maybe change some folk's minds. chris: i'll shoot you a pm later with my info
It was you who brought marketing here.
It was you!!@!

I hate marketing dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #34
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

I am a 24 year old female preschool teacher from the central coast of California. My current (and first bike) is a 92 Yamaha FZR 600...a sportbike. I ended up with this bike because it was what my husband got me for my birthday. It is my current ideal bike.

Do I fit the "sportbike personality"...not really.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #35
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

OK Yaz FWIW, I am a 40 yr old Banker from NW AR that has 2 bikes, a Buell 1125R and an 05 Kawasaki ZX6R. I have owned 10 bikes starting with a 1996 Yamaha YZF600 I bought new at the dealer. My perfect bike depends on the kind of riding I am doing and would prefer to have one of each. I would not fit the stereo type of a sportbike rider and I believe bikes become expressions of their rider by how they are maintained and customized. The type of bike is just the tip of the iceberg as some riders own more than one type of bike.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #36
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

1. 28, Kosovo/ND, Military
3. Have you ever been to ND, there are 8 of us there, we all have our own vehicles
4. Buell (RIP) 1125R. Looks odd, sounds angry, and feels phenomenal.
5. SV650S, I bought it.
6. A garage full
7. Um, idk, maybe? Some call me an asshole...
8. Vroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Yes, and mine is made in East Troy, Wisconsin. Hardly any rice coming out of Wisconsin.
True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #37
Switch
dadbod

1. 24; Knoxville, TN; Systems Engineer
3. What the fuck is a car share, and what happened to number 2?
4. 2008 Yamaha FZ1
5. 2006 Suzuki SV650S; I bought it from the dealer, something I'll never do again.
6. I have many. I love what I've got for what I use it for. I have a dirtbike that works great for what I do with it. I would like to have a supermoto...
7. I don't know how to answer this one. I learned how to ride on the infamous "Dragon" (aka US129S). After scraping the pegs off my Suzuki, and wrecking too many times to count, I upgraded. Still, it wasn't good enough, so I bought a track prepped bike, a 2003 Honda CBR600RR. I must have been to the track 10 times, I got my racing license from Ed Bargy, and then it hit me. I'm too old. It's too expensive. Sure, it's fun as hell, but I wanted to race to win, to do something with it, and that wasn't gonna happen. So I buy a dirtbike, and it's great, I still love it. Then I got a house, got engaged, and now my woman wants to ride. So, I sell my race bike and use the cash for my current bike. Now we ride together all the time and I enjoy the time together. Next I'll be buying luggage so we can make weekend trips.
8. I can't answer that question. For most people, stereotypes are true. Harley riders typically have no idea how to really pilot a motorcycle, nor do your common GSXR rider with the polished frame. Then again, your typical FZ rider is a middle aged man who can't ride on the same level as I do either. I suppose you could say that I'm just a special breed...
Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #38
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
At least he didn't say crotch scooter.
"Crotch Scooter"

Sounds like a girl I knew in college....

1. Your age, location and profession. - 32, Central NY, Insurance Consultant
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes. - :??:
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels. - 2003 SV650S (the Copper One). It is nekkid enough to show all the good bits but faired enough to stop a decent amount of wind. It feels like small v-twin with power in a usable speed range.
5. Your first bike and how you got it. - An old Honda Shadow - it was a hand-me-down.
6. Your ideal bike. - I don't have just one. I want a dual sport like a V-Strom or a BMW GS but I like the look and feel of the SV
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories? - The SV isn't too popular 'round these parts (the locals are more of the "If it ain't a liter bike, it isn't a motorcycle" crowd) so I don't really know what category I fit into.
8. What does a bike say about its owner? - I'd say that depends on their riding style. I prefer not to judge someone just by the bike they ride.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 03-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: What the hell, I'll play
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #39
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

1. Your age, location and profession. 23, SC, Student (studying Computer Science next semester).
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes. This refer to carpooling? No need for that here.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels. '01 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. Black paint, shiny chrome (well.. a lot of its plastic, so shiny plastic). It's not very loud, and with a slight mod it has a nice rumble for stock pipes. Last question is tough.. feels comfortable, I guess. It has nice pick up and is maneuverable.
5. Your first bike and how you got it. My current bike is my first. My dad saw the ad in a newspaper, and I bought it from some dude switching hobbies to boating.
6. Your ideal bike. At first I thought it was just a cruiser, but now I want them all.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Hardly.
Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories? Nope.
8. What does a bike say about its owner? I like to ride. Aside from that you might be able to determine how well they take care of their stuff. I can't say much more because everyone mix/matches riding styles with different bikes.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #40
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
"Crotch Scooter"

Sounds like a girl I knew in college....
Inside joke for the old TWF homies.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote