Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Well, over all the trip was good. I found something interesting out about my Ultra though, it doesn't handle on the grating as well as my honda shadow. Perhaps its cause its heavier, but when I rode over like 3 yrs ago on the shadow I only had very mild....(wobble) if you will. On the Ultra though that thing was squirly as a school girl on prom night. At one point I thought the ass end was about to swing around on me. Stuck it out though.

Man-check, Passed.

While up there took the in-laws and the kids, mine as well as my neice and nephew, to Tehquamenon Falls upper and lower. When at the lower there is a little boat rental where you can row across the river and then walk around an island in the river and get a better look at the lower falls. Well, on the way back to the boat, I was teasing with my 4 yr old nephew and acting like I would toss him in.....Well, the dock gets slippery with algea and gunk as my daughter so eloquently puts it, and down I go. well, as I didn't really want to toss him in I made sure that he was up and out first and thusly didn't put my hands down to catch myself and landed on the 5th point of contact but only on one side. So, consequently I had a massive charley horse in my left check the rest of the day and the trip home, not cool. Karma strikes again. Not really hurt other than my pride. So I dried on the ride to upper and while walking around the rest of the day.

On the way home all was good not too hot or too sunny but a few sprinkles here and there nothing to write home about. However, when leaving I-23 to I-96 I was almost made dead. about 1/2 mile before exit there is this truck that races up on my ass, so I waved him off to back off, politely, no bird flying yet, when he flips me the bird. So I obliged and sent one right back. So I pick up the pace just as he decides to pass on my right, asshole. Then he gets behind me again only this time closer then before. (now he is really pissing me off) He has nowhere else to go so he sticks to my ass some more and I have nowhere to go so I can't drop the hammer and leave him in my dust. Then on the actuall ramp this MF'er decides to pass on my left on the shoulder and in my lane. I am not bullshittin you when I say that he brushed the shoulder with his mirror and damn near hit the handle bar and edge of the fairing. MF'er is lucky he didn't get shot. Unfortunatly I couldn't get up close enough again to take out the mirror.

However, I will post this... Any one that sees a late model ford f-150/250 light brown/ beige with license Michigan BNA 21 with the old Mich shield on the left side....do what ya can to jack up that ride. or if there is anyone with LE ties here run that plate and send his ass a chicken head. What an ASSHOLE

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I heard that this last time they repainted the grating they used a cheaper paint than they normally do, which is most likely why it seemed so much worse this time than it was 3 years ago the last time you went over it.

I told about the paint in my report . . . which also has pictures of the falls . . . but apparently nobody wants to go read it
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote