Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How about moving over then?
F that!!

They can't go any faster than I can... hence the same amount of traffic ahead of me. Not pictured of coarse.

That's one thing I dont get when riding with out of towners... If I'm in the left lane and doing 85. I'm passing everybody. Guys from other states move over to the center lane, just to move back to the left to pass the next guy a 1/2-1 mile later, when nobody is behind you trying to pass you. WHY?

F that... when I'm traveling on my bike I rarely come out of the left lane... nobody usually is rollin faster than me so why should I if I know I'll be back there to pass again very soon.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

From your mirror, it's obvious the right lane is totally clear........So why are you still in the left lane if you're not passing someone?

And how do YOU know nobody wants to go faster than you? Can you read their minds?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
From your mirror, it's obvious the right lane is totally clear........So why are you still in the left lane if you're not passing someone?

And how do YOU know nobody wants to go faster than you? Can you read their minds?
True that, move the fuck over.. Ever heard the saying "DRIVE RIGHT" ?
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
F that!!

They can't go any faster than I can... hence the same amount of traffic ahead of me. Not pictured of coarse.

That's one thing I dont get when riding with out of towners... If I'm in the left lane and doing 85. I'm passing everybody. Guys from other states move over to the center lane, just to move back to the left to pass the next guy a 1/2-1 mile later, when nobody is behind you trying to pass you. WHY?

F that... when I'm traveling on my bike I rarely come out of the left lane... nobody usually is rollin faster than me so why should I if I know I'll be back there to pass again very soon.

Ive been driving the same way since I got comfortable behind the wheel, so a few months after I turned 16 lol. I think thats why people look at me like Im a lunatic around here but when I lived in MI for a year I fit right in. I used to do 100 everyday going to work on a stretch of 14 I think it was and would have people right there with me the whole way.
Ive been driving the same way since I got comfortable behind the wheel, so a few months after I turned 16 lol. I think thats why people look at me like Im a lunatic around here but when I lived in MI for a year I fit right in. I used to do 100 everyday going to work on a stretch of 14 I think it was and would have people right there with me the whole way.

Quote:

He clearly said there were just as many people right in front of him. So if he moves they can do what, move up 6 feet?
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
There were people in front too, he wasnt holding anyone up
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:

There is a big truck in the center lane and right lane. You can barely see the tires below my rear view of the center lane truck... there was no where to go... stuck.

Plus I was getting off a left lane exit about a 1/2 mile from when this pic was taken. Otherwise I would have tried to set up a better angle thru the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
F that. That's what I'm saying... I'll roll faster than any of these fucks. But there's no where to go.

That DRIVE RIGHT shit is the BS I was just talking about.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:

F that. That's what I'm saying... I'll roll faster than any of these fucks. But there's no where to go.

If everyone followed the same rule there wouldn't of been any traffic in front of you. But because everyone thinks they'll go faster than everyone else or they just don't understand the rule of the road, you end up with a stack of cars.. So F that!
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post

He clearly said there were just as many people right in front of him. So if he moves they can do what, move up 6 feet?
Thank you... finally somebody that understands. I know why. Cause you drove in Michigan for some amount of time.

I didn't make this shit up. I know plenty of people that have moved here from all over... florida, GA, tenn, Cali. It was my buddy from Cali that said... drivers in michigan are F'in crazy.

On 696... left lane. Mofo's are doing 90+. REAL TALK. When I had a 4x4 ranger I would ride on the speed limiter at 94mph... use to piss me off like no other!! Or I'd go to pass some fuck doing 82 in the left... BAM hit taht 94 speed limiter. For those that don't know... I-696 is 40' below ground... it's Michigan's auto bon. Use to regularly do 160mph+++ on the rockets thru there... YES IN TRAFFIC!!! F'in INSANE even for michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
There were people in front too, he wasnt holding anyone up
EXACTLY!!!!

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

OK, so how about when traffic opens up, and there's nobody blocking you AND nobody you need to pass........You'd move over then, right?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
I liked it when I lived there. At least people knew HOW to speed and tailgate correctly.
That's until the Florida drivers invade. I left July 5th from Atlanta to Savannah and was surrounded by Florida drivers. If there was a slight hill and turn a mile ahead, then it was time to slow down. I was happy to get past Macon onto I-16 (FL people usually stay I-75) which is the Georgia Autobahn. Set your cruise around 90-100mph and chill.

But in Atlanta, we got mad tailgatin skillz.

The nicest drivers are NC drivers. I've never seen people go so far out of their way to stay out of the faster lane.