Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I also would like a gun safe, but cost is a factor. In the meantime, I simply purchased an el cheapo metal locking gun cabinet at Gander Mountain. This is primarily to keep my 6 year old daughter out of my guns. She and I have had numerous discussions about how dangerous guns are, they aren't toys, etc., etc. However, you know how kids can be.

Perfect example is that a couple years ago she was watching me shave. I had told her more than once that razors can cut her and to NEVER touch my razors. I stressed this again while she watched me shave. A couple hours later she came in crying that she cut her finger because she touched "the hurt part" of my razor. She had climbed up on the sink and gotten into the medicine cabinet. Luckily, it was nothing more than a nick. I've actually cut myself worse while shaving. We had a nice little "I told you so" talk and she promised never to do it again. She's brought up the razor incident on several occassions when we've discussed things that are dangerous, so I'm hoping she learned her lesson. Regardless, I still bought the gun cabinet.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote