Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default Little sister wants to ride

So I got a message from my little sister today, all it said was 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600. That's it, absolutely nothing else, not even a question mark. My first thought was "OK it's Suzuki's little supersport." My second thought was "What the fuck are you asking, or are you even asking me a question?" Apparently she found one for sale, and wants to get into riding. Not a problem says I. I know that she's better off than some people because she learned the mechanics and controls of a bike on my Suzuki DS80. Now unless I'm horribly mistaken, she hasn't ridden anything in the last 10 years (since the day she ran my 80 head on into a box spring mattress flat out in 4th gear). I've told her the basic stuff like take the MSF and I'm trying to steer her away from the supersports and toward something like a GS500 or SV650.

I guess I'm still a little bemused that she wants a somewhat detuned racebike with lights for her first streetbike.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote