Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 03-12-2008, 02:25 AM   #41
Mistress Maygin
Megatron

Moto: Nothing yet, but hoping for something soon.

My friend who was teaching me the basics (shifting, placement of stuff, etc) was showing me on his bike, a CBR 1000. I wasn't going to ride it at all, but he wanted me to pull it up off the kick stand and OMG I damn near died.

I am WAY too small for a 1000. My ex's 600 wasn't as bad, but still not great. So, this lil girl is definitely sticking to a little 250 or 500 at the most for now.

Man, I wish the 70 was street legal

God, I'm such a pussy.
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breath, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart
Mistress Maygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 AM   #42
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The 250's are sick now. The new ones anyway. My wife's gonna get one when I get back to the states (25 March). It'll be her first time riding anything on two wheels except for at the MSF course. She's starting out on a new bike. Mostly because the older 250s look like a 90 year old lady's crap. And she's 5'3", 105lbs.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #43
Mistress Maygin
Megatron

Moto: Nothing yet, but hoping for something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
The 250's are sick now. The new ones anyway. My wife's gonna get one when I get back to the states (25 March). It'll be her first time riding anything on two wheels except for at the MSF course. She's starting out on a new bike. Mostly because the older 250s look like a 90 year old lady's crap. And she's 5'3", 105lbs.
Oh, the new Ninjas are so sexy I wanna lick 'em. But I'm a big believer in used shit first. 'Cause I know I'll likely lay the thing down at least once. Even if just trying to get on it and losing my balance (I do things like that on occasion )

I'd rather save my money for the new hotness once I'm more comfy (read: cocky). Even if it is going from an old 250 to a new one.
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breath, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart
Mistress Maygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #44
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
Oh, the new Ninjas are so sexy I wanna lick 'em. But I'm a big believer in used shit first. 'Cause I know I'll likely lay the thing down at least once. Even if just trying to get on it and losing my balance (I do things like that on occasion )

I'd rather save my money for the new hotness once I'm more comfy (read: cocky). Even if it is going from an old 250 to a new one.
Better to be safe than sorry. I didn't do that and bought a new '04 r6 as a first bike with ZERO 2 wheel experience. Only went down once, haha.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #45
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Better to be safe than sorry. I didn't do that and bought a new '04 r6 as a first bike with ZERO 2 wheel experience. Only went down once, haha.
is that only one drop or you actually went down once?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 AM   #46
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
is that only one drop or you actually went down once?
I went down once. I dropped it in my garage while I was changing out the stock brake lines for SS. I had it propped up as straight as possible by putting books under the stand (didn't have proper stands) and down she went. I've never said "FUCK" louder in my life. All the plastics were off at that point and my sliders took ALL the force. No marks or anything at all. Worked out good.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 AM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
I went down once. I dropped it in my garage while I was changing out the stock brake lines for SS. I had it propped up as straight as possible by putting books under the stand (didn't have proper stands) and down she went. I've never said "FUCK" louder in my life. All the plastics were off at that point and my sliders took ALL the force. No marks or anything at all. Worked out good.

yeah I swear I caused an avalanch when I yelled out fuck when I had my flat and it fell over. bout gave the old man helping me a heart attack... even though I tried to be as calm as possible after he got in his van and left pretty damn quick.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 AM   #48
DLIT
Clit Commander

When I went down, I was passing a car and couldn't slow down in time, so I went off the road and my front washed out and I went down. Didn't know enough. Knowing what I do now, I coulda mad it. So I get up and the people I just flew by asked me if I needed help. I said yeah. One of the guys palmed my exhaust to help me lift it. His hand-print was burnt onto my can for the rest of the time I owned the can. I got a slip-on during my insurance claim. I KNOW that motherfucker was crying the whole way home.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 AM   #49
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
When I went down, I was passing a car and couldn't slow down in time, so I went off the road and my front washed out and I went down. Didn't know enough. Knowing what I do now, I coulda mad it. So I get up and the people I just flew by asked me if I needed help. I said yeah. One of the guys palmed my exhaust to help me lift it. His hand-print was burnt onto my can for the rest of the time I owned the can. I got a slip-on during my insurance claim. I KNOW that motherfucker was crying the whole way home.
I'd have said in a calm voice... yeah that part is hot.

I've yet to go down actually riding... (nock on wood)

I almost was run off the road within 24 hrs of buying my bike... some mother fucker who was behind me... started to pass me after I moved out of his way... then moved from the fast all the way to the slow lane (3 lane road) with me next to him... I ended up slaming on my brakes and then putting a size 12 dent in his driver door... (btw... that was pretty stupid... it almost sent me into the ditch cause of the force of my kick )
Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #50
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm with ya. We need tiered licensing.
My opinion, it would just make for more people riding illegaly.

I agree it should be done... but how to enforce it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote