Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #11
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't think I've seen one race without 5+ dnfs
Tony Elias has some interesting thoughts on that subject...he says that the fact that the Moto2 machines are sooooo down on power is causing a safety issue during races....in that riders that can handle additional power are hamstrung...those riders that can't handle additional power/speed are able to ride with the more skilled riders...and get in over their heads while attempting to race the faster riders.

He argues (as most racers do) that the machines should be more powerful....to further seperate the great/experienced riders from those less skilled/less experienced. As it is, the experienced riders have to flog the piss out of the standard bike in order to truly gap/break the field...leading to what he calls being "put on the limit always."

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161...ade_safer.html
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Fix their shit and put at LEAST 2 additional bikes on the grid....it's getting to the point of embarrassment....a 15 rider grid....of which realistically, 10 are absolute cannon fodder with virtually NO chance to win the race....or to be anywhere NEAR the podium at the finish.

Having said that, Suzuki is going backwards this year...not forwards. Their bike is complete crap. It has an uncompetitive motor...the chasis sucks balls on anything other than a hot day...the bike doesn't turn and suffers from a fatal lack of grip. Loris Capirossi was said to have thrown down on Paul Denning after the last race....essentially delivering a "give me a competitive bike of fuck it" ultimatum after he and Bautista finished only ahead of a test rider filling in for an injured rider.
Good for him, as I understand it the gsv-r isint much more than an old rgv frame with a v4 stuffed into it. Ok, maybe a bit more refined...but not by much
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Tony Elias has some interesting thoughts on that subject...he says that the fact that the Moto2 machines are sooooo down on power is causing a safety issue during races....in that riders that can handle additional power are hamstrung...those riders that can't handle additional power/speed are able to ride with the more skilled riders...and get in over their heads while attempting to race the faster riders.

He argues (as most racers do) that the machines should be more powerful....to further seperate the great/experienced riders from those less skilled/less experienced. As it is, the experienced riders have to flog the piss out of the standard bike in order to truly gap/break the field...leading to what he calls being "put on the limit always."

Interesting theory, kinda explains some things. I def thought nieto would be doing better for example
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:

If that happened, Moto2 would be boring as shit to watch. And if he thinks he's being put on the limit by racing less experienced guys that are keeping up with him when he's at his limit's end, what does it say about him? Can't handle the heat, Tony?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
If that happened, Moto2 would be boring as shit to watch. And if he thinks he's being put on the limit by racing less experienced guys that are keeping up with him when he's at his limit's end, what does it say about him? Can't handle the heat, Tony?
exactly what I was thinking...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #16
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I didn't read it that way...I read it as give me more power....these guys are tapped riding these bikes and are over their heads....hence the large number of accidents in the Moto2 class. I think he feels like alot of the guys wouldn't be able to handle the additional power and he wouldn't have to ride the bike as hard to create a gap on the majority of the field.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
According to Nick Harris and Gavin Emmit, it's a done deal....Stoner to Honda has already been signed too.

Should be an interesting season next year....
Who is done? Dovi???

Shit, I think Dovi has rode better this year than Pedrobear.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I didn't read it that way...I read it as give me more power....these guys are tapped riding these bikes and are over their heads....hence the large number of accidents in the Moto2 class. I think he feels like alot of the guys wouldn't be able to handle the additional power and he wouldn't have to ride the bike as hard to create a gap on the majority of the field.
Maybe he should move back up to MotoGP if he needs more power. Fuck him, that's some good fucking racing. He should be pushing it to win a race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #19
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Who is done? Dovi???

Shit, I think Dovi has rode better this year than Pedrobear.
No way Pedro-bot loses the Respol ride...he's Spanish.

The rumor is that Honda will run 3 "factory" bikes....2 in Repsol livery...for Stoner and Pedrosa...and one in Red Bull livery for Dovi.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #20
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
No way Pedro-bot loses the Respol ride...he's Spanish.

The rumor is that Honda will run 3 "factory" bikes....2 in Repsol livery...for Stoner and Pedrosa...and one in Red Bull livery for Dovi.
This is the 2nd time I've read this...this morning so sounds like a good possibility.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote