Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
he said hes going to NC this weekend.
Must be his outer banks trip. We need to go there for the rally next year when Marko is there. LOL Force him to come to a rally. HA HA
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #32
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Must be his outer banks trip. We need to go there for the rally next year when Marko is there. LOL Force him to come to a rally. HA HA
He will be an unwilling participant
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #33
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

/off topic
Couldn't have been Marko....there is a motorcycle in the picture.

/ontopic
So what's next? Do you have a courtdate? Is your license kaput?

Last edited by KSGregman; 08-08-2011 at 02:12 PM..
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #34
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
/off topic
Couldn't have been Marko....there is a motorcycle in the picture.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Holy hell woman. I hope TN doesnt have a Super Speeder law like GA does, you'd have just lost your license. Congrats on the achievement tho, that is impressive. You'll have to keep us posted on the outcome. When's your court date?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #36
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

i was in NC, court date is October. And yes I am aware I could lose my license. Up to 3 years and 2 months in jail.

Sad part was i was only in 5th gear.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 08-08-2011 at 03:17 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #37
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
i was in NC, court date is October. And yes I am aware I could lose my license. Up to 3 years and 2 months in jail.

Sad part was i was only in 5th gear.
Ouch. Thats painful. What I was referring to was a law they recently passed in the last 2 years or so here in GA, called the Super Speeder. Not only do they get you on the actual offense, but theres more fines and punishment the state can tack on once the local LEO's are done with you up to and including losing your license, its pretty ugly and had alot of ppl screaming double jeopardy when they were passing it. Hopefully they dont have that in NC.

I bet a good attorney can save your license tho...I know in our lil small city our Judge is willing to work with folks who are willing to work with us and if you're attorney can work out an agreement ahead of time, you might never even have to appear, just pay a fine and the attorney and be done with it.

NOLO is a good term to remember if they have it up there too, here it means you accept the fine, but are not admitting guilt and its not reported to the state, maybe saving you points and license headache.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #38
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Meh - just tell 'em you REALLY had to pee....
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #39
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Ouch. Thats painful. What I was referring to was a law they recently passed in the last 2 years or so here in GA, called the Super Speeder. Not only do they get you on the actual offense, but theres more fines and punishment the state can tack on once the local LEO's are done with you up to and including losing your license, its pretty ugly and had alot of ppl screaming double jeopardy when they were passing it. Hopefully they dont have that in NC.

I bet a good attorney can save your license tho...I know in our lil small city our Judge is willing to work with folks who are willing to work with us and if you're attorney can work out an agreement ahead of time, you might never even have to appear, just pay a fine and the attorney and be done with it.

NOLO is a good term to remember if they have it up there too, here it means you accept the fine, but are not admitting guilt and its not reported to the state, maybe saving you points and license headache.
It's called PJC (Prayer for Judgment Continued or some nonsense) here in NC, but you'd be really hard pressed to find a DA willing to take that on a speeding ticket of that magnitude.

NC is ridiculous when it comes to speeding. Example: if you have an NC license, a ticket for 15mph over is an automatic loss of license until your court date. Speeding 10mph or more in a 55+ zone nets the same result (I nearly lost my license for driving 78 in a 65, whereas driving 38 in a 25 just would have been a ticket... brilliant!).

Anyway, the short of it is: NC is brutal when it comes to speeding. Just get a lawyer and let him handle it. I don't have any to suggest, I just used the "city data" forum to research local experiences when I received a ticket near Boone.

Hope all works out for ya! In the end, it'll just be about the money, and it sounds like you're already geared up for that aspect.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #40
tommymac
Moto GP Star

In the end its always all about the money, although this time around they may hammer you guys harder.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote