Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #41
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Because sportbikes are funner than scooters. But is the average SUV funner than the average car?
I don't know if the average SUV is funner than the average car, but IMO it is MORE FUN.
Sure I may be able to take a corner a little faster in that average car, but in my average SUV, I can go to the end of the paved road, on to a gravel road. From that gravel road I can go to a min maintance road. From that min maint road, on to the dirt road, and from there, straight through the field. All this right after an inch of rain.
Lets see you do that in your Prius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #42
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

With any luck from young teeny bopper will chime in about how much "funner" his Civic is.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
.....Once Honda, Toyota and Nissan bring out a truck with a big displacement engine with amazing mpg, then we can yell at Detroit for falling behind.

LOL...sig material.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:33 AM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Why?

Do you actually like driving the truck more than the Accord? If so, more power to you................but IMO there's lots of people who would probably be happier with a car, and the only reason they bought a truck or SUV was because of all the heavy advertising that brainwashes people into believing they need an SUV for image reasons, and because they say you need an SUV in order to successfully negotiate the "suburban jungle". Seriously, if you watch ads for SUVs, they don't show the SUV towing anything, they just show it driving downtown with friends going clubbing or something, with trendy-looking people behind the wheel, to make it look like the cool thing to buy.........and then they show a "rugged" segment with them driving thru rainy weather or a construction zone, like as if a regular car can't do that.
I actually like driving my truck then my Malibu (and its an 08 so its the cool Malibu...lol). I like the feeling of sitting up high and accelerating slow. Also the truck is a manual and shifts well.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-10-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 AM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
We live in a country where folks will define a car as sporty if it has a spoiler on the back. We are a country where automatic transmissions are king.

I actually had doochebag tell me that a car can be fun to drive if it has a nice radio and was comfortable to drive on the highway.
I love a smooth riding car like a Crown Vic or Park Ave...but they don't look that cool (cept an 88 Park Ave).

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #46
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
According to the IIHS, Consumer reports and the Government your Ford ranger is a death trap and should immediately be taken off the road.
mine has the tank inside the rails. it's a 94. pushing 200K
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #47
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
How a vehicle drives and handles is not what I'd call a "recreational purpose".......I call it one of the top priorities. Why spend a lot of money on any car or truck unless it's fun to drive? You spend a lot of time behind the wheel, and it's a waste unless you're getting something in return.
That is one of YOUR top priorities. That is not the case for everyone. When you consider the top 2 bestselling vehicles in America last year were trucks while 3 and 4 were the Camry and Accord, two particularly bland and boring vehicles, it is safe to say that isn't the case for most.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #48
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
mine has the tank inside the rails. it's a 94. pushing 200K
It's a death trap for not having a bazillion safety nannies and does not deal well with a 50mph collision from the left front corner with a diesel locomotive.
according to the sources I listed.

They recomend you replace your Ranger with a Prius or a non rusted Toyota truck of some sort...preferably a hybrid highlander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #49
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Why?

but IMO there's lots of people who would probably be happier with a car, and the only reason they bought a truck or SUV was because of all the heavy advertising that brainwashes people into believing they need an SUV for image reasons, and because they say you need an SUV in order to successfully negotiate the "suburban jungle".
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I dunno, Ive been driving a chevy colorado for 2 years now, its got the small enginem 4 doors and a 5 foot bed. I get 20-25 mpg (above the 20 that is claimed). I can tow around 4 bikes comfortably all day, or 2 bikes and my camper, or my camper by itself.

I can't tow the big campers that require a 5th wheel or haul horses or stuff like that, but 99% of the shit that I've ever needed to move can be moved with this truck.