Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Stunting (secret supermoto forum)

Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

It'll teach you clutch-up technique and throttle management without you having to worry about busting your head or busting your forks.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

i think it was a very fair answer Zoom, I have seen these things, and while I dont ever plan on actually stunting my bike, it does look like controled fun, doing something you know deep down you are curious about but in a manner it wont hurt you, your bike, or anyone else...unlike asswads who wheelie and burn out in crowds of people!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

There are some deserted backroads about 30 minutes from my house.. I see a car every 45 minutes or so, these are the roads I wheelie on.. Nobody around, no crowds, just me and my bike. I dont do it to impress anyone or to show farmer Brown that I am a badass. I wear my gear and maybe go 5mph over the speedlimit.. harmless...I do it cause its fun. Isnt that the reason we ride, cause its fun?
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
There are some deserted backroads about 30 minutes from my house.. I see a car every 45 minutes or so, these are the roads I wheelie on.. Nobody around, no crowds, just me and my bike. I dont do it to impress anyone or to show farmer Brown that I am a badass. I wear my gear and maybe go 5mph over the speedlimit.. harmless...I do it cause its fun. Isnt that the reason we ride, cause its fun?
well said I agree with you 100%
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
I have no problem with what you’re doing. Seems to be a pretty safe place for you and I am glad you’re doing it for your enjoyment. I have no problems with backroad fun. Hell, if I could find a good, deserted road, I’d probably stunt too.

This is the problem I have:

I leave work, hop on my bike get on the free way and get into the carpool lane. Cool two bikes in front of me. Suzuki’s , helmet, tshirt pants and tennis shoes, whatever your skin not mine. In front of them maybe a cars length away is a moving truck. Now here is where it starts 1. I feel they are following too close. 2 its medium to high traffic at this time of day. 3. They are not staggered and 4. (my fav) they start trying to pull wheelies.

As soon as I see the first one try, I let up on the throttle, tap the rear brakes. And keep way way back.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

It's a nice way to overheat your engine very fast.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #17
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i think it looks like fun. i'd throw down some cash to try it. but then again, i liked the 1-wheeled motorcycle as well.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #18
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n1 View Post
I have no problem with what you’re doing. Seems to be a pretty safe place for you and I am glad you’re doing it for your enjoyment. I have no problems with backroad fun. Hell, if I could find a good, deserted road, I’d probably stunt too.

This is the problem I have:

I leave work, hop on my bike get on the free way and get into the carpool lane. Cool two bikes in front of me. Suzuki’s , helmet, tshirt pants and tennis shoes, whatever your skin not mine. In front of them maybe a cars length away is a moving truck. Now here is where it starts 1. I feel they are following too close. 2 its medium to high traffic at this time of day. 3. They are not staggered and 4. (my fav) they start trying to pull wheelies.

As soon as I see the first one try, I let up on the throttle, tap the rear brakes. And keep way way back.

Those guys are squids... I cant count how many times cagers tell me they hate ALL MOTORCYCLIST because some losers in jean shorts and tennis shoes (no shirt) acted like that on busy freeways
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #19
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Good way to do it safely but it would definately encourage people in attendance of a rally to do stunts.
I hate on stunters because I've never seen one doing it safely or in a controlled environment. It's almost always in heavy traffic without signalling or care around the cars. When they start doing it in empty parking lots or not on the freeway then I'll respect them.

When they come out with a stunting videogame I'm selling my gsxr.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #20
t-homo
WSB Champion

I didn't realize that you use your own bike for it. I'd give it a try at least.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote