Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Stunting (secret supermoto forum)

Old 03-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
So you didn't go down at all? Thats impressive.
Yea,I guess...I just don't like to do crap like that. I knew the conditions weren't right and I let my exuberance get the best of me. Apparently,it was VERY impressive to the kids I was with because that's all they talked about today while we were working on Chunky's bike(see stoppie thread). I know alot of people here and on think I'm a "squid" and I'm sure this doesn't help but when I do this kind of shit I make damn sure there's no chance of injury to anyone else. I made sure I was far away from the rest of the pack. I believe people can do whatever they want as long as there's no chance of injury to someone else.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,I guess...I just don't like to do crap like that. I knew the conditions weren't right and I let my exuberance get the best of me. Apparently,it was VERY impressive to the kids I was with because that's all they talked about today while we were working on Chunky's bike(see stoppie thread). I know alot of people here and on think I'm a "squid" and I'm sure this doesn't help but when I do this kind of shit I make damn sure there's no chance of injury to anyone else. I made sure I was far away from the rest of the pack. I believe people can do whatever they want as long as there's no chance of injury to someone else.
We all do stupid shit...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

usually these things happen too quick for panic... every close call i've had, i've saved my ass because of practice... quick stopping, swervering... I brushed up against deaths robe last summer in the form of a black mustang coming straight at me in my lane... everything happened so quick, by the time i picked my bike up i dont think i had taken a single breath in 5 minutes.

experience saved your ass... it should have kept your front tire on the ground too though.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
I wish that it were that simple... but no matter what you do... it'll effect someone else... you kill your self on a road it'll create another stat that'll raise everyones insurance, cause cops to crack down just a bit harder on the local motorcycle population, your family and friends will be hurt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
We all do stupid shit...
yup! god know's i've done some really stupid shit... especially in my truck
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
usually these things happen too quick for panic... every close call i've had, i've saved my ass because of practice... quick stopping, swervering... I brushed up against deaths robe last summer in the form of a black mustang coming straight at me in my lane... everything happened so quick, by the time i picked my bike up i dont think i had taken a single breath in 5 minutes.

experience saved your ass... it should have kept your front tire on the ground too though.
Yeah well what fun would that be? Hey I enjoy doing occasional wheelies and stoppies. I know the risks and I accept them. Heck,I don't drink,I don't smoke,I don't do any drugs...I guess we all have to pick our own way to kill ourselves. Besides, considering recent life threatening events in my life have taught me that no matter how "safe" you play it. Life still has a way of coming to an end...
Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

nothing wrong with lifting the front end...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I wish that it were that simple... but no matter what you do... it'll effect someone else... you kill your self on a road it'll create another stat that'll raise everyones insurance, cause cops to crack down just a bit harder on the local motorcycle population, your family and friends will be hurt...

yup! god know's i've done some really stupid shit... especially in my truck

Yea well,if you take the "if you crash it'll raise everyone's insurance rates" arguement to it's logical conclusion,none of us would ride at all. In the eyes of the insurance company,a crash is a crash. It's all numbers and stats. If you can prove more riders crash doing wheelies than in traffic.... Shit,some of you guys are talking about getting on the track and if you crash claiming it against your insurance. What's that gonna do to my rates? Trip rightfully went to the doctor after his crash,should I start looking for a rate increase in my medical insurance? Hey,everyone that smokes/drinks should stop since they're affecting my medical insurance. For that matter,anyone who does ANYTHING that causes the insurance industry to have to pay out,must stop now!!! That includes having babies!

As far as the police,we have a "agreed" upon spot where everyone stunts. We keep it off the main roads,the cops don't bother us. If you look,you can find similiar arrangements in most cities/areas. Infact,when Chunky crashed doing a stoppie there was a Deputy watching. He came over and asked if we needed a tow truck. I haven't lived here that long but I guess it's not unusual for bored cops to come and watch these guys stunt.

I don't have any family and all my friends know I ride so... Bottom line,I quite frankly,care more about my own happiness than I do anyone elses. If I listened to "family and friends",I wouldn't ride at all. Who here doesn't have at least one person who doesn't/didn't want them to ride motorcycles? Living your life for others sure has a noble ring to it but there's nothing noble about lying on your deathbed regretting all the things you'd wish you'd done in your life...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

Glad you're ok
Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
Glad you're ok
Thanks bro!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Yea well,if you take the "if you crash it'll raise everyone's insurance rates" arguement to it's logical conclusion,none of us would ride at all. In the eyes of the insurance company,a crash is a crash. It's all numbers and stats. If you can prove more riders crash doing wheelies than in traffic.... Shit,some of you guys are talking about getting on the track and if you crash claiming it against your insurance. What's that gonna do to my rates? Trip rightfully went to the doctor after his crash,should I start looking for a rate increase in my medical insurance? Hey,everyone that smokes/drinks should stop since they're affecting my medical insurance. For that matter,anyone who does ANYTHING that causes the insurance industry to have to pay out,must stop now!!! That includes having babies!

As far as the police,we have a "agreed" upon spot where everyone stunts. We keep it off the main roads,the cops don't bother us. If you look,you can find similiar arrangements in most cities/areas. Infact,when Chunky crashed doing a stoppie there was a Deputy watching. He came over and asked if we needed a tow truck. I haven't lived here that long but I guess it's not unusual for bored cops to come and watch these guys stunt.

I don't have any family and all my friends know I ride so... Bottom line,I quite frankly,care more about my own happiness than I do anyone elses. If I listened to "family and friends",I wouldn't ride at all. Who here doesn't have at least one person who doesn't/didn't want them to ride motorcycles? Living your life for others sure has a noble ring to it but there's nothing noble about lying on your deathbed regretting all the things you'd wish you'd done in your life...
Let's be serious too... Insurance rates do nothing based upon numbers of claims... Ask yourself why SUV's have such high insurance rates... It's cause they're popular... nothing more.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote