Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The library incident was just a fire, unrelated.

Watch for politicians to use it as an excuse to call for a gunpowder ban.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Dateline or whatever just said one child dead and a bunch hurt. Local news says 3 killed, several hurt. There were some people from here running. Im sure.theyll be on the news later on the.week.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #13
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
At the time I saw this, the only information was there were two explosions which could have been anything including a gas leak. If there was a video where other information was stated, I couldn't see it due to work filters. There was nothing in the text saying "bombs". Obviously, now we know what it was and it's a terrible thing to happen. I don't know what's happened to our world.
Evil
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #14
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

gov't is dammed if they do something dammed if they don't.

from my cousin who lives in Boston

"For those of you not familiar with marathons or Boston, it is as iconic to us as the World Trade Center. I think we celebrate Patriots Day just to have the day off for the race. This week, the public schools have off and many surrounding towns have festivals. I think most of these festivities ride the coat tails of the Marathon. "
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Last information I saw, 130 injured (including several amputation injuries), 3 fatalaties (including one 8 year old who was spectating).

Fucking heartbreaking, and I wish I could have been there to help. Kudos to the first responders and the Guardsmen who were on hand to help save lives in the aftermath.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #17
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Thanks for posting that.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

An eyewitness to the two explosions at the Boston Marathon today said that a “drill” was repeatedly announced before the bombs exploded and that he “thought it was odd” bomb sniffing dogs were in place before the blast.

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15 News, “They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

The news station also reports that Stevenson “thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.” Stevenson then describes hearing the explosions as he ran away from the scene, having just completed the marathon.
If this report is accurate, it clearly suggests there could have been some degree of prior knowledge of the bombing, which killed two people and injured at least 23. The fact that the explosions were preceded and overlapped by a”drill” of an almost identical nature mirrors other major terror attacks, such as the 7/7 bombings in London.
It is important to emphasize that the New York Times recently reported that most of the recent domestic terror plots in the United States “were facilitated by the F.B.I.,” suggesting that today’s incident in Boston may have been part of such an operation.
It remains to be seen how the media and the Obama administration will exploit this incident depending who gets the blame, but Rahm Emanuel’s “never let a serious crisis go to waste” advisory is sure to be in play.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Last information I saw, 130 injured (including several amputation injuries), 3 fatalaties (including one 8 year old who was spectating).

Fucking heartbreaking, and I wish I could have been there to help. Kudos to the first responders and the Guardsmen who were on hand to help save lives in the aftermath.
Keeps climbing. 176 injured.

New reports say that there was not a third bomb found. The first two bombs were pressure cookers filled with nails, metal, and ball bearings. No wonder there were so many amputations. Bombs were contained in duffle bags.

Breaks my heart to see those that rush in immediately in the face of uncertain danger to yank away those fences and tend to the injured, whether it be police, national guard, or regular civilians. I know sometimes the police take a lot of shit (and sometimes for good reason) but these guys didn't even blink. But I understand that feeling of helplessness. I would hope that I would be one of those people rushing in, and not running the other direction.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
An eyewitness to the two explosions at the Boston Marathon today said that a “drill” was repeatedly announced before the bombs exploded and that he “thought it was odd” bomb sniffing dogs were in place before the blast.

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15 News, “They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

The news station also reports that Stevenson “thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.” Stevenson then describes hearing the explosions as he ran away from the scene, having just completed the marathon.
If this report is accurate, it clearly suggests there could have been some degree of prior knowledge of the bombing, which killed two people and injured at least 23. The fact that the explosions were preceded and overlapped by a”drill” of an almost identical nature mirrors other major terror attacks, such as the 7/7 bombings in London.
It is important to emphasize that the New York Times recently reported that most of the recent domestic terror plots in the United States “were facilitated by the F.B.I.,” suggesting that today’s incident in Boston may have been part of such an operation.
It remains to be seen how the media and the Obama administration will exploit this incident depending who gets the blame, but Rahm Emanuel’s “never let a serious crisis go to waste” advisory is sure to be in play.
These drill conspiracies are interesting...

9/11, London bombings, Sandy Hook, etc... there's a lot of them...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote