Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Pink Road

I remember seeing some old video about Keith Code with one of his bikes with the outrigger. He told some of his students to ignore some sand in a curve. He told the other students to be careful about the sand. All the riders had the outriggers. The students he told to ignore the sand sailed right through. The others braked and "crashed".

I took my old Suzuki to the Nature Center on the upper part of Lookout Mountain. This is at 7,400 feet. The plow goes so slow on the uphill curves that it dumps tons of sand. The road had so much sand it looked pink. I decided that I wouldn't ignore the sand, but I wouldn't hit the brakes. Only two minutes long, and I added some Hawaiian music for the sand. The green box at the end is one of those bear-proof trash cans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3nNn9ttAfc

Last edited by No Worries; 03-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Video
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

At least you can see the pavement. Some roads around here look like dirt roads until the rain comes in April. I took my bike out yesterday just to make sure I still remembered how to ride () and had more fish tailing than the back room at a sushi bar.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
At least you can see the pavement. Some roads around here look like dirt roads until the rain comes in April. I took my bike out yesterday just to make sure I still remembered how to ride () and had more fish tailing than the back room at a sushi bar.
Ha-ha. I like to gas it on the straights to feel the tire spin on the sand. But the corners are a different story. Corners with sand seem to teach me all about throttle control.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote