Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #11
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yep, we're fucked. I'm moving to Tennessee. No hurricanes, earthquakes, or blizzards. Just a nice, calm-weather state with good drainage.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Yep, we're fucked. I'm moving to Tennessee. No hurricanes, earthquakes, or blizzards. Just a nice, calm-weather state with good drainage.
Sorry to burst your bubble but they deal with hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding (like this year!) and earthquakes too.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but they deal with hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding (like this year!) and earthquakes too.
Hurricanes are just left over rain when they hit TN. We do get shit loads of tornados and high winds. Never heard of an earthquake here so if there are ones they are very minor. The Flooding this spring was a TOTAL freak occurence. I have NEVER seen a storm that size stall over one area like that. Over all TN has GREAT weather. Part of the reason I will probably never leave.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
Hurricanes are just left over rain when they hit TN. We do get shit loads of tornados and high winds. Never heard of an earthquake here so if there are ones they are very minor. The Flooding this spring was a TOTAL freak occurence. I have NEVER seen a storm that size stall over one area like that. Over all TN has GREAT weather. Part of the reason I will probably never leave.
You are due for another one too, and with buildfing codes not designed to let the houses shake like out in CA it could spell a real disaster if a 4.0 or higher hits. You dont realize it but TN gets hit with them all the time. Ridgely, Dyersburg, Townsend, Friendsville, and Athens were all were hit this month, and Maryville got hit with a 3.3 earlier this year. Not big by natural disaster standards but it means that it is possible for a much larger event to happen.

http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/rec...s/quakes0.html

Hokie, RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE! START NOW
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Katrina did not fuck up Tennesse. Neither did Ivan or any of the others. And yeah, there's been flooding recently, but my fucking house was underwater from one day of heavy rain and it'll happen again because there's no drainage where I live. As for the earthquakes, I'm building my retirement bunker with that in mind. And if goddamn zombies come then backwoods TN is where I want to be. That house on the hill is gonna be a lot more defensible than my subdivision.

And in line with the subject of this thread, when was the last oil spill in Tennessee? Not fucking recently, I can tell you that. No one is worried about the deer being inedible because they're covered in crude oil gook. Good luck getting oysters at the same price you're getting them now, we produce most of them right around here- at least, we used to.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
derf
token jewboy

BP's mother of the year award

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QwsCHd7Lcg

All i can say is wow, good parenting skills there lady

Instructions for use:

Do not get
in eyes, on skin, on clothing. Do not take internally. Avoid breathing vapor. Use with adequate ventilation. In case
of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin, wash
immediately with plenty of soap and water.
Wear suitable protective clothing.
Swimming should be fine!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Why would they be even on that beach???
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Why would they be even on that beach???
The beach is full!!! I can't believe how many people are on it, let alone the lady telling her daughter to rub it in, its a carcenogin, it causes cancer and limbs to fall off and shit, its really really bad joo joo
Old 06-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
The beach is full!!! I can't believe how many people are on it, let alone the lady telling her daughter to rub it in, its a carcenogin, it causes cancer and limbs to fall off and shit, its really really bad joo joo
Jesus. I can't believe how long people, as a species, has managed to survive. Even the animals are smart enough to find new waters.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #20
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Jesus. I can't believe how long people, as a species, has managed to survive. Even the animals are smart enough to find new waters.
I have a theory that there are levels of idiocy. Everybody is an idiot in some way , just some worse than others, this lady is pretty much the bottom of the barrel of idiocy.