Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #121
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
She is an idiot. He at least has an excuse.

There are a lot of wings fans around here actually. Yzerman has family in the area.
SO I haven't figured it out you are a fan of what team? I know what teams you don't like.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #122
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

First team is Boston. Always has been and always will be.

Then....about 5 years ago I started becoming more interested in the Pens and have slowly become a fan of them. I can't call them my first team though....no room in that spot right now.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #123
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
First team is Boston. Always has been and always will be.

Then....about 5 years ago I started becoming more interested in the Pens and have slowly become a fan of them. I can't call them my first team though....no room in that spot right now.
Boston? Shit, Ray Bourque asked to be traded to Colorado in order to finally get his name on the cup.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #124
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Boston? Shit, Ray Bourque asked to be traded to Colorado in order to finally get his name on the cup.
Hey it worked though. Kinda like Hasek going to detroit to get one, but i am not sure if he asked for a trade or just pissed off management so much.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #125
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Hey it worked though. Kinda like Hasek going to detroit to get one, but i am not sure if he asked for a trade or just pissed off management so much.

Tom
I think in that case, he "retired" and then came out of retirement to join the Wings. I think that was the plan before he retired though.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #126
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I think in that case, he "retired" and then came out of retirement to join the Wings. I think that was the plan before he retired though.
He was still on the active roster with the sabres when he was traded. Aside from cash buffalo didnt get much in return and he went on and played a few more years. Granted he had a shitload more talent in front of him including 4 or 5 future hall of famers.

Tom
Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #127
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
He was still on the active roster with the sabres when he was traded. Aside from cash buffalo didnt get much in return and he went on and played a few more years. Granted he had a shitload more talent in front of him including 4 or 5 future hall of famers.

Tom
Hmm maybe he was just threatening retirement then. I do remember talks about retirement though.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #128
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hmm maybe he was just threatening retirement then. I do remember talks about retirement though.
it was something like that, I think his contract was almost up so they figured they would unload him for something. I see their management has continued the same trend in not being able to keep their players. I cant believe loosing 2 players took them from legit contenders for the cup to a non playoff team. They still have talent but zero leadership on that team now.

Tom
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #129
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
it was something like that, I think his contract was almost up so they figured they would unload him for something. I see their management has continued the same trend in not being able to keep their players. I cant believe loosing 2 players took them from legit contenders for the cup to a non playoff team. They still have talent but zero leadership on that team now.

Tom
So they lost Hasek, Peca, and Satan(different years). That's a huge hit to your veteran roster. I don't follow them anymore, but they were never the same after those 3 left.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #130
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
So they lost Hasek, Peca, and Satan(different years). That's a huge hit to your veteran roster. I don't follow them anymore, but they were never the same after those 3 left.
Satan was never much of a leader, loosing pecca hurt and 2 years ago loosing brierre and drurry killed them. That was about 80 goals a year they lost and the vetran leadership with both but mostly drurry.

Nice thing is neither of them are the same now. Drurry has done nada in NY and i doubt brierre will ever play a full season without getting hurt. Then they lost/traded jason campbell too.

They have a very good goalie with miller and some emerging talent with vanek, roy and pommenville, but thye need a couple of good vets to keep them in line. last year they kind abecame complacent after miller and vanek were out with injuries and it cost them a playoff spot.

Tom