Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Headphones

Withthe rally just over a month away I have been trying to organize what I will need to bring and figure out how to pack everything. Anyway with a 12 hr plus haul mostly on slab I was thinking about bringing my mp3 player to help pass the time. The earbuds I have for it now are prety much done, theyre good for use at the gym but thats it.

So my questions, what ones do you guys use/recommend and how is it keeping them in with putting the helmet on and taking it off? Not sure how much i will use them so I am not sure if I want to get a real expensive set right away.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Skull candy ear plugs. There's different ones and I use the $15 (can find cheaper) ones. Just cram them in good and pull the helmet straps away from your head when putting on your helmet.

I found mine at TJ Max (discount store) for $10.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Etymotic ER-6i. Nothing else. $75 at Amazon. You will waste any money you spend elsewhere.

Etymotic ER-6i
Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Skull candy ear plugs.
Same here; I use the Smokin Buds ones (they're about $30 at Best Buy, but they're slightly lower profile than those). We tried several different types and styles to find ones that worked under the helmet, and these are by far our favorite (even over a more expensive Skull Candy model).

I also like that they've got a volume control slider on the cord, so if you pull up to a light and trying to communicate with someone you're riding with, or when you're dismounting and don't have your helmet off yet, it's easy (even with gloves on) to adjust the volume.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Skull candy ear plugs. There's different ones and I use the $15 (can find cheaper) ones. Just cram them in good and pull the helmet straps away from your head when putting on your helmet.

I found mine at TJ Max (discount store) for $10.
Same ones I use. Although I didn't get them for that price. I'm jealous!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Etymotic ER-6i. Nothing else. $75 at Amazon. You will waste any money you spend elsewhere.

Etymotic ER-6i
Plus eleventy billion. I don't much listen to music when I'm just riding around town, but on longer trips it's a must.

The Etymotics are great because they are isolators, so you don't get the wind noise (what lulls you to sleep ), and you can hear your music FAR better, without having to turn the volume way up.

They have either the flanged attachments, or foam (that work like foam ear plugs). I preferred the foam because the flanged ones were too big for my ear canals and would eventually make me sore after about an hour of continuous use. You can order different sizes if need be (smaller or larger).. but I'm lazy.

Well worth the expense, IMO.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I got some noise canceling headphones from Radio Shack that are basically foam earplugs with a hole in the middle.

They work really well and were under 30 bucks.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I will never give up on my love of these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headset.jpg (9.9 KB, 37 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
t-homo
WSB Champion

Right now, when I do listen to music while riding, I use a pair of Koss plugs that were like 15 bucks. They are a lot like a foam ear plug, but have a tube down the middle the music comes through. Actually have decent bass for an earplug. Here's the link for it.

Also, I have the scala rider team set, which is mostly for bluetooth (GPS, cell phone wireless, passenger) that has speakers a lot like the ones that Tigger showed. The teamset comes with two (notice team) sets, one main one and a passenger one. Well the speakers on the passenger one were torn off when I bought it and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it yet. I was looking at their website and its 30 bucks for the regular one and 50 for one that has a mp3 input jack in it that I'll probably end up getting soon. And if I get a phone call, it just mutes the music till its over.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

I use the Shure 210s

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/e...ctID.105181400
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote