Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The green is awesome IMO.......The other colors are too common.

As for the lights, not many bikes look all that great from a head-on view anyway, so one isn't much better than the other. It's the side view that makes or breaks a bike.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Why would they offer discounts? It appears as though the deal breaker you may have is the bike itself, not the price. BMW sees themselves as above the, in what I believe is their opinion, cookie cutter Japanese bikes. They present their bikes as more refined and of higher quality than the Japanese. Along with that comes the belief that they have no need to come close on price either.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
Homeslice
Elitist

And they wouldn't need to either, because they'll sell every one of them without needing to haggle.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
The yellow/green needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

The red/white/blue isn't just the alternate plastic color - it's also a polished swing-arm and exhaust.

Congrats on putting money down on it - it's a fantastic [FANTASTIC] motorcycle.
Yea, I see that the swing arm is silver... the exhaust looks the same, but I'll take you word for it. Of course, you realize that the day after I make the deal, I'll be ordering an Akrapovic so the exhaust doesn't matter. I'm already scheming about how I can get the dealership to take the swing arm apart for cheap and send it, the tank and the wheels out to be be painted for me. Otherwise, I'll probably get the white and suck up the out fucking rageous surcharge. The problem is that they have 5, now 6 deposits on the damn thing without even having one at the dealership, so they have zero motivation to deal in any way.

Hey, Azoom, how do you like the DTC and ABS? I won't lie, I'm a little leery of that kind of stuff. On the other hand, having some electronic help would be a bad thing on a bike with those hp numbers.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

OMFG, I am at a loss of words to taunt you Tigger. I am going to need a few hours to compose my thoughts into massive amounts of win.

Headlights are fugly, no getting around that. The gills are pretty stupid too. Besides that, it's a bad ass bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Why would they offer discounts? It appears as though the deal breaker you may have is the bike itself, not the price. BMW sees themselves as above the, in what I believe is their opinion, cookie cutter Japanese bikes. They present their bikes as more refined and of higher quality than the Japanese. Along with that comes the belief that they have no need to come close on price either.
Oh but they are offering incentives on most of the other bikes in their line up...

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

The gills fucking rock IMO.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #18
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey, Azoom, how do you like the DTC and ABS? I won't lie, I'm a little leery of that kind of stuff. On the other hand, having some electronic help would be a bad thing on a bike with those hp numbers.
yes yes and YES. Get the full package, it's go big or go home time. Seriously.

By the way - it's R-ABS, or RaceABS. This isn't your daddy's ABS, it's designed knowing it's a sportbike with possible race conditions.

Everything on that bike is there for a reason. The gills on one side with the hole on the other creates a vacuum in the bodywork that sends the heat out the side of the motor [the hole side of the plastics] rather than vented onto the rider.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
OMFG, I am at a loss of words to taunt you Tigger. I am going to need a few hours to compose my thoughts into massive amounts of win.

Headlights are fugly, no getting around that. The gills are pretty stupid too. Besides that, it's a bad ass bike.
Allow me to pre-respond...

Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The gills fucking rock IMO.
Yeah.

If you're a fish.

JC