Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #111
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Here's a new tactic that's been used by delivery guys around my place for the last couple of years; say that you can't make change. There you are with a $20 bill, for a $12 pizza, and he can't make change.
I'll wait.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #112
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Did you really think I come here to agree with people?
You're sounding more & more like me all the time
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #113
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I'll wait.
Last guy had to wait for 10 minutes while I dug up funds close enough to give him a big $1 tip. Usually I would have taken only a couple of bucks back from a $20, on a $12 charge. Among other things, his job is to make change.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #114
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I'll wait.
Agreed.

Quote:
Last guy had to wait for 10 minutes while I dug up funds close enough to give him a big $1 tip. Usually I would have taken only a couple of bucks back from a $20, on a $12 charge. Among other things, his job is to make change.

Agreed on the last part.

That is his job, not yours.

Don't have change? I'll enjoy my pizza while you run to the nearest corner store and get change. Then you can have my twenty.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #115
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

I owned my own place for years, and in all that time, there were only two instances where I told someone I wouldn't serve them without mandatory gratuity add tothe check; ussually, if a notorious "non-tipper" showed up, I made the girls draw straws...short straw "lost".

The two folks I made tipping mandatory for were so unpleasant and demanding (they would demand instant service for everything, all the time and expected a server to stand by the table "waiting" for someone to "need" something for the three hours they were there) ; then tell them that the prime rib wasn't rare enough, and that if they wanted a tip, "they'd have to do better next time"......

Then they would tell the server they needed to see the manager, and complain about portion sizes, lack of service, that theyhad to wait to get more water......expecting me to comp the check. Did it once or twice when they first started coming then realized we were NEVER going to see any money from these people. One came in on a Friday night with a large group18-20 ppl, no reservation, natch, and they bitched because they were going to have to wait an hour...(40 seat dining room, used to do 4 "turns" on a Friday night.

I finally told them that if they wanted private service, that they would have to pay that servers for the whole shift, as that person would lose out on 6-8 (between $150-$200) tables during the busy part of the dinner period.
Both times they were "shocked" that I would suggest such a thing, and how dare I!

Imagine that...we actually wanted to get paid.............
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #116
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Here's a new tactic that's been used by delivery guys around my place for the last couple of years; say that you can't make change. There you are with a $20 bill, for a $12 pizza, and he can't make change.
How many times would you have to send him on his way without buying that pizza before he catches on?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #117
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
How many times would you have to send him on his way without buying that pizza before he catches on?
the first time it happened I'd be ordering from a different pizza place. So just one.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #118
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
I owned my own place for years, and in all that time, there were only two instances where I told someone I wouldn't serve them without mandatory gratuity add tothe check; ussually, if a notorious "non-tipper" showed up, I made the girls draw straws...short straw "lost".

The two folks I made tipping mandatory for were so unpleasant and demanding (they would demand instant service for everything, all the time and expected a server to stand by the table "waiting" for someone to "need" something for the three hours they were there) ; then tell them that the prime rib wasn't rare enough, and that if they wanted a tip, "they'd have to do better next time"......

Then they would tell the server they needed to see the manager, and complain about portion sizes, lack of service, that theyhad to wait to get more water......expecting me to comp the check. Did it once or twice when they first started coming then realized we were NEVER going to see any money from these people. One came in on a Friday night with a large group18-20 ppl, no reservation, natch, and they bitched because they were going to have to wait an hour...(40 seat dining room, used to do 4 "turns" on a Friday night.

I finally told them that if they wanted private service, that they would have to pay that servers for the whole shift, as that person would lose out on 6-8 (between $150-$200) tables during the busy part of the dinner period.
Both times they were "shocked" that I would suggest such a thing, and how dare I!

Imagine that...we actually wanted to get paid.............
Imagine somebody wanting to make 150-200 under the table and then complaining because one table didn't give them 5 bucks. You're really not helping your argument.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #119
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
debit card. Everytime
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #120
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Imagine somebody wanting to make 150-200 under the table and then complaining because one table didn't give them 5 bucks. You're really not helping your argument.
Stop being such a stingy fuck. 5 bucks a person x 4-5 people is 20-25 bucks. You would be alright for working for free one time out of the night?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote