Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #41
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Sorry the servers probably make 4.50 an hour and depend on tips to make up for the rest.
I fail to see your point. There are many people who work harder and only make minimum wage and never see a tip.

As well, there is no law anywhere in the books that I know that tells me I must/should pay a gratuity.

Don't want to make 4.50? Don't be a waiter.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #42
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I understand.

I agree with you, especially in a place that serves food.

Raw food at that.

The point is she paid her bill, that entitles her to food.

Bringing her food to the table does not entitle one to a tip.
She paid her bill the last time and she got served so that isn't a question. I still say if she got crappy service and that's why she left a crappy tip then she should just say so rather than going on a crusade. As I said earlier, however, if she received decent service and still stiffed the server, eff her and the horse she rode in on.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I'd be embarased to tell people.
If I'm getting banned from somewhere, it better damn well be a good story to tell my grandkids.

"...then I stood up and vomited on the lobster wedged in her ass crack, as ABBA blasted from the speakers glued to my nipples.
Yada yada yada....I'm banned from the place for life and my ankle bracelets gives me a little shock whenever I get within 10 yrds of the front door. 2 days later, I wed your grandmother"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #44
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I'd be embarased to tell people.
If I'm getting banned from somewhere, it better damn well be a good story to tell my grandkids.

"...then I stood up and vomited on the lobster wedged in her ass crack, as ABBA blasted from the speakers glued to my nipples.
Yada yada yada....I'm banned from the place for life and my ankle bracelets gives me a little shock whenever I get within 10 yrds of the front door. 2 days later, I wed your grandmother"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #45
CasterTroy

This is why you NEVER send anything back, or leave a bad tip

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4ZXRlcoEW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4ZXRlcoEW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Old 02-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #46
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Cover charge= Pay for the band
Menu prices= What you pay the restaurant/bar
Tip=What you pay the server

Don't like the arrangement?..eat at Mickey D's; cook at home, eat out of a goddamn trash can, but don't expect good goddam service.

Sorry, spent my whole life in the biz...it's convention, it's expected and eating effing out is bloody optional. It's an effing luxury...so follow effing convention, but don't blame the effing server, or the effing owner or the effing bartender or the effing stripper if they don't want you if you consistantly don't effing TIP (To Insure Promptness).

You don't like the system? Start your own "no tipping" restaurant, but your gonna go broke 'cause your MENU prices are gonna be 15-25% higher to cover the additional labor costs and everybody's gonna tell everybody else how high your prices are.......ask me how I know this...............
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #47
Particle Man
Custom User Title

I hear she finally got mad enough that she ate a trainer at Seaworld...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #48
OTB
The Man

PS. Don't want to tip, but can't cook?

For $250/hr I'll give you private lessons....but only if you effing TIP......
Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #49
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Cover charge= Pay for the band
Menu prices= What you pay the restaurant/bar
Tip=What you pay the server

Don't like the arrangement?..eat at Mickey D's; cook at home, eat out of a goddamn trash can, but don't expect good goddam service.

Sorry, spent my whole life in the biz...it's convention, it's expected and eating effing out is bloody optional. It's an effing luxury...so follow effing convention, but don't blame the effing server, or the effing owner or the effing bartender or the effing stripper if they don't want you if you consistantly don't effing TIP (To Insure Promptness).

You don't like the system? Start your own "no tipping" restaurant, but your gonna go broke 'cause your MENU prices are gonna be 15-25% higher to cover the additional labor costs and everybody's gonna tell everybody else how high your prices are.......ask me how I know this...............
Authoritative ownage of the no-tipping advocates here.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #50
OTB
The Man

Default Effing Rant

So, I guess we know where I stand, EH?

Couple of crass generalizations and then I'll sit down and STFU.

After 40 some-odd years, I'll say these things:

As a rule (there are exceptions, but as a rule) congenital non-tippers DEMAND better service than generous tippers; they are frequently high-maintenance, querulous, and complain and expect "discounts"....in other words, they are cheap bastards with an inflated sense of self-importance.

I tip a lot (25-40%) or average (15%) or not at all, as service received demands: a fast, efficient, PLEASANT, organized server working in a busy place is a skilled person, a pleasure to be served by, a joy to behold and is someone who can likely barely stand by the end of a busy shift. Good servers have to deal with crazy, shitty, groping, cheap, crooked, nasty, lazy/incompetent (pick any/all that apply) managers/coworkers, short supplies; barfing babies; rude people; pressure pressure pressure; smiling all the time and never letting the customer know what they had to really do to get that rush order out to you on time... they just cruise up to your table with a 50 lb serving tray, everything hot, steaming and looking perfect; whisk it on to your table (not dropping it in your lap when the drunken prick at the next table puts his hand on her ass while she's trying to serve you).

Yes, there are shitty servers out there; lazy, sloppy, assholes who think you OWE them.

But ,for the most part, folks who stick in the HOSPITALITY business know what the word means and will try to move Heaven and Earth to get your needs met, without you EVER knowing what they had to go through to take care of your little "special requests".

So, don't stiff 'em......