Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1
Default Any embarrassing motorcycle moments?

I remember once back in my younger days, cruising the local strip on the bike, some girls stop me, talk to them a little while, and one wants to go for a ride later on, well as i'm getting ready to leave, i put on my helmet..... backwards! almost all the way on too! never saw those girls again

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Does dropping your bike at a gas pump count, when its your 1st offical ride by yourself?? When about 20 of my friends were sitting there watching me??

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

No, none, ever.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I got into the habit of kicking the bike into neutral, chopping the engine, and kicking out the kickstand all in one motion so that I could virtually drop the bike onto the stand and walk away.

... until one day when I kicked the stand a little too hard and it bounced halfway back. The bike started to go over and I saved it by getting my knee under it, then struggled with it for what must have been 5 minutes in the vacant parking lot until I could get enough leverage to lift the damned thing.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

me and a couple of friends worked on a old honda hurricane for 3 days trying to get it to run, so after 3 days somebody flips the kill switch to the "on" position and it fires right up!

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
me and a couple of friends worked on a old honda hurricane for 3 days trying to get it to run, so after 3 days somebody flips the kill switch to the "on" position and it fires right up!
OK, that's classic Right up there with when a buddy thought that his bike had died, until someone turned the petcock to reserve
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

How did I miss this thread??

I once fell over on a HUGE ride that I planned and I was leading... 40+ riders. Me, on the ground.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I had my girl on the back and we stopped at red Lobster for a bite. She got off the bike, I put the stand down and got off. I didn't realize until I got off that the stand was only half way down. So the bike started to fall over and I caught right at the point where it was too much to finish picking it up myself. It caught me off-guard and I wasn't positioned right to pick it up. So I'm sitting there with the bike leaning on me and my girl's just looking at me. So I throw out an innocent "help".

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Unfortunately, this one has happened more than once. :/

Out on a group ride with friends...I wear my gear all the time...they don't. So...they are standing there waiting after a fuel stop as I gear up....get on the bike, reach down to turn the key...to discover the key is NOT in the ignition, it's in my pocket.

Lots of swearing and name calling as I remove the gauntlet, get the key, put the gauntlet back on and ride away.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Unfortunately, this one has happened more than once. :/

Out on a group ride with friends...I wear my gear all the time...they don't. So...they are standing there waiting after a fuel stop as I gear up....get on the bike, reach down to turn the key...to discover the key is NOT in the ignition, it's in my pocket.

Lots of swearing and name calling as I remove the gauntlet, get the key, put the gauntlet back on and ride away.
I have, unfortunately, duplicated this several times. I've also skipped the step of putting my helmet on and fastening it and gone right to getting my gloves on and fastened... only to go "Shit" and have to take the gloves back off. Always in front of people, of course.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote