Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Are you serious, have you even met some of the teachers out there?
Completely. There are some super shitty teachers and unfortunately the profession is over run with them. But to put a blanket out that people do it for the money (there isn't any) or the "easy" job. Naive at best.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #32
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I don't think he was saying all teachers are in it for that reason, though I could be wrong. I would imagine teachers (in the U.S.A.) that really want to teach don't apply to public schools and instead go to charter or private schools where there is some semblance of real education.

Public schools get the lackies, and while all of them aren't in it for the money or easy work....I bet most of them are.

(My comments refer only to the U.S.A., I'd bet Canada's education system is more advanced than ours)
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #33
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Im damn glad your not teaching the future generations!

Honestly, I didnt know you were a teacher! What do you do now?
I'm a consultant for an insurance company. I do all sorts of stuff and fly all over and help large companies understand that it's worth the investment up front in helping people stay healthy (outside of workplace injuries; that's another industry... I do non-occ stuff). It's a lot more complicated than that but that's the easiest way to explain it.

It's another way to make a difference.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #34
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

so lets see.... you're doing a poor job and your results are lacking.

so you need to work harder.

and to do that you demand 90 bucks an hour for the extra time?

yup, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

fuck unions.... they're like communism, it was a good idea, but poorly implemented and doesn't work in reality
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #35
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post

fuck unions....
Fuck you....

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #36
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Public schools get the lackies, and while all of them aren't in it for the money or easy work....I bet most of them are.
I had plenty of great teachers where I went. I guess some schools just don't have a good screening process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
so lets see.... you're doing a poor job and your results are lacking.

so you need to work harder.

and to do that you demand 90 bucks an hour for the extra time?

yup, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

fuck unions.... they're like communism, it was a good idea, but poorly implemented and doesn't work in reality
Didn't they say half the kids don't even speak english that well? I can't really come to their defense when I'm not there in person, but if the students can't understand what the teachers are saying then it isn't completely their fault. Save for the english teachers..

I agree this was a poor stance on the union here, but I see first person what life is like without a union and it blows. Maybe it just depends on the line of work? I'll hand it to you some unions out there seem a little convoluted and greedy now, though.

Have any of you complaining actually been part of a union before? I may be using my father's experience, but I've lived on both sides of the fence nonetheless. Why do you hate them so much?
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #37
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I had plenty of great teachers where I went. I guess some schools just don't have a good screening process?

Didn't they say half the kids don't even speak english that well? I can't really come to their defense when I'm not there in person, but if the students can't understand what the teachers are saying then it isn't completely their fault. Save for the english teachers..

I agree this was a poor stance on the union here, but I see first person what life is like without a union and it blows. Maybe it just depends on the line of work? I'll hand it to you some unions out there seem a little convoluted and greedy now, though.

Have any of you complaining actually been part of a union before? I may be using my father's experience, but I've lived on both sides of the fence nonetheless. Why do you hate them so much?
Stories like this leave me with the impression that unions sometimes don't realize that their membership depends on the future of their employer. They tried to "get their's", which is fine, but their inflexibility made the situation unsustainable and ultimately cost their members their jobs. Another example is the UAW. They weren't alone in driving GM in to the ground but they certainly played a part in killing the company. I've heard some (granted, not many) argue "Well GM didn't have to agree to the union's demands". From what I saw the UAW would have pushed GM to the brink and beyond to get a better deal for their members. That attitude cost a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong, unions played a large part in balancing the scales in what used to be an unfair relationship between labor and employer. That being said I'm really not sure the majority of them serve the same purpose today.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #38
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post

Here, in Tx., the teachers are only part of the problem. The curriculum is worthless and fucked up so even if the teachers do care they can't teach anything useful anyway. Secondly, at least at my son's school, half the kids don't speak English....and the teacher doesn't speak Spanish.....so basically you've got half the kids in class that are just a distraction and ensure that nobody else gets to learn anything. Then compound that with zero tolerance policies and a severe lack of administration common sense and you have a system that is no conducive to real learning.

My son is excelling in Kindergarten....but I spent all summer home with him teaching him to read, how to add and subtract and giving him history lessons. I like spending time with my son, don't get me wrong, but why should I have to educate him when I pay taxes that fund a broken school system?

Arrg.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #39
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
You're an idiot if you truly believe that. Nothing more and nothing less.
Oh yeah, it's such a hard job. That's why every skanky dumbass party whore of a girl I know is going to school to get a major in "Education" so they can teach. WOW, you are going to do 4 years (or more in many cases) of college to learn how to teach 12 year olds that 2+x=4 despite that a few years ago they were learning that 2+_=4. Most teachers these days don't have a real degree like Biology, Math, Engineering, or even English because if they had the brains for that then they'd be in the private sector working HARD. Instead they get their education major so they can get an easy job that once they get it can't be fired easily.

And again if the teachers really did give a shit about the children then why were they demanding more money? I thought they "cared about the children". Truth is those teachers wouldn't give a shit if those kids caught on fire, as long as they don't have to stay after and DO THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Anyone who works in the private sector, including people on salary, stay after and do work despite they aren't getting paid a lot of the times. They do it because they can be held accountable unlike those POS teachers or any other union protected thug.

Oh yeah, that "spanish" shit. My guess is that many teachers know spanish becuase odds are they probably took it (if they were smart) in college. If they didn't take it then I'm sure there are plenty of spanish speaking teachers ready to jump in (to an apparently undesirable job) for less.

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach (and those who Can't Do shit get elected).
Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #40
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Oh yeah, it's such a hard job. That's why every skanky dumbass party whore of a girl I know is going to school to get a major in "Education" so they can teach. WOW, you are going to do 4 years (or more in many cases) of college to learn how to teach 12 year olds that 2+x=4 despite that a few years ago they were learning that 2+_=4. Most teachers these days don't have a real degree like Biology, Math, Engineering, or even English because if they had the brains for that then they'd be in the private sector working HARD. Instead they get their education major so they can get an easy job that once they get it can't be fired easily.

And again if the teachers really did give a shit about the children then why were they demanding more money? I thought they "cared about the children". Truth is those teachers wouldn't give a shit if those kids caught on fire, as long as they don't have to stay after and DO THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Anyone who works in the private sector, including people on salary, stay after and do work despite they aren't getting paid a lot of the times. They do it because they can be held accountable unlike those POS teachers or any other union protected thug.

Oh yeah, that "spanish" shit. My guess is that many teachers know spanish becuase odds are they probably took it (if they were smart) in college. If they didn't take it then I'm sure there are plenty of spanish speaking teachers ready to jump in (to an apparently undesirable job) for less.

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach (and those who Can't Do shit get elected).
Did you get molested by a teacher? Or did you get a piss poor education?

Good teachers work extremely hard, wether you like it or not. Its not teaching one kid to add, and its teaching 30, and meeting their individual needs at the same time.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote