Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #11
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Read through my trip report and see if you like any of that, I saw a lot of really neat shit.
I finally got around to reading through your thread. Looks like it was pretty epic. Did you record tracks of the ride or save the route, by chance? I'm running out of time, I have no problem stealing pieces of other riders' treks, taking advantage of someone else's planning, etc. No way I'm leaving by the end of May; if I'm able to swing it, it will have to start late in June.

Did you stay at motels/lodges the entire trip? I plan to camp almost every night, which adds a little complexity to my planning. I'm hoping that between City Navigator and this old Roads & Recreation software I just bought, I can locate campgrounds (or camper-friendly parks / rest areas) at each stop. Not really my preference to camp, I just can't afford a motel every night for two to three weeks. My hammock packs down to the size of a 20oz soda bottle.

How did you manage laundry?

How did you take all those pics in motion on the road?

Lastly, I noticed this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
There is tons of stuff [in Michigan's U.P.] to do, but the roads are all super straight.
Dude, twisties abound in the upper peninsula (and lots of the northern parts of the lower peninsula, for that matter). It's not Appalachia, but it's not Kansas, either...
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote