Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Amazing!!!

Be sure to save your GPS map. I want it!!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

That is SICK...and Tracy is right. You are Batshit Fucking crazy.

Ride safe! And keep us updated!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I got up and walked out and saw this

this could be interesting... my stupid ass loaded up the bike before backing it out of the spot... took about 5 min just to back up to the clear portion behind it LOL.

Anyways... on the road, and up to Sodier's Summet. *

It was DAMN COLD. *The heated Vest was worth twice it's money through there. *Hands froze but not much could be done about that. The pass was actually short lived... only about 40 miles worth of COLD weather... then it was only... cold. LOL *I passed through Provo and Salt Lake City. *Then headed west to Bonniville Salt Flats.

Thought I'd try catch'n a few of me riding... this is where the pavement ends... about 5" of water for the first 10' then only 2-3"

Then it was on to Wendover to wash all the salt off (not sure which one shows the salt better... but there was a shit ton... as it took several attemps to get those above photos)

No clean photos... as the day was growing long and the weather was rolling in. *So cross the border I went...

And a dash to Elko where I'm stay'n for the night. *Tomorrow it's off to Idaho, and Oregon. *Possibly to Portland... but it's gonna be a long day if so.

Finally figured out my spot tracking...
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...dvbr7DP6k298lR
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Should of setup spotwalla, spot deletes your track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Should of setup spotwalla, spot deletes your track.
http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?...c4f3bc1d4e64a2

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 02-15-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
Which won't be saved, spot doesn't keep a permanent record of your tracks, I think they clear them after a month. They go away. Spotwalla keeps your trips, my cali trip is still on my website. I think the Spot Adventures website will keep a log of trips, but the main Spot share site will not keep the track. Hell it might start deleting the tracks before you even get back to Mississippi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
oh ok, editted the post, good save.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #27
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

It's not as much fun when you're on *this* side of the Spot. LOL.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
It's not as much fun when you're on *this* side of the Spot. LOL.
I have pretty much quit reading people's ride reports for this reason . I don't care to learn from people, the good memories are when things go wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Awesome stuff Ebbs.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Today was a tough day, hardest I've ever had on a motorcycle.* I knew it wasn't going to be easy when I looked outside. (first pic I got was once I loaded the bike)

I was smart enough this time to position my bike so that leaving was easier... however I still had to navigate up this little incline to get to the exit, and a nice long down hill on to the street (no pic)

I snapped this photo with my cell to show ya what the street were like in Elko that morning... think'n they'd be clear once I got onto the highway....

I was wrong..* but this is the summit... 25miles down the road... should get better... right?

Wrong again.... this is 45 miles later

in the end it took me 5hrs to go the 85miles from Elko to Owyahee.* I was EXHAUSTED.* The shear concentration it took to ride on that for that long was crippling.* The wind wouldn't allow me to ride under 20mph or it'd tip me over(almost lost it every time I stopped) but over 20 It'd push me sideways... and on ice that means you SLIDE.* like no shit SLIDE across the road.* It was everything I could do to keep from going off the road in the wide open area's where the wind was able to really wick it up.* I had to stop 3 times to thaw my fingers... (unziped my side zips on the Roadcrafter and sat on them for 5 mins LOL) and my toes were killing me.

I did have one surreal moment.* going through the canyon just before Mountain City, the road was clear (thank god) and I was doing as fast as I daired... when a Bald Eagle sored up to my left.* It shadowed me off to my left for 5 or 6 corners.* Every time I looked up, it would look down at me.* At that moment I honestly forgot all about the cold and the trip, the exhaustion and the ice.* All I could think of was how amazingly poetic this moement was, and at the same time I was heartbroken that I had no way of capturing the moment.

As quickly as he appeared, he left.* Welcoming back the cold, exhaustion, and ice.* I reached Owyahee at 1300, and stayed there for an hr.* I bought some of the toe warmer packets to thaw my toes... they're supposedly able to reach 100*F... but with a pair under my toes and a pair on top... I was just barely comfortable.... maybe next time I'll sandwich them between pairs of socks... (hope there is no next time though)

Crossed the border just outside the shop

From there on the roads were mostly clear.* only a shady spot here and there... but the WIND kicked up something fierce.* even so... the lack of Ice made this portion enjoyable and really had me smiling in my helmet all day

I twisted my wrist and hauled ass to Boise, where I took a good long break and decided that Ontario OR is where I'd stay the night.*

I had to cross the bridge then cut behind the guard rail for this photo... so worth it...

HOME!!!

Tomorrow... PORTLAND!