Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Just read it:
Don't really disagree with any of that. All I'm saying, is if Overeem clips him, it could be lights out. Do I think it will happen? Damn, I hope not...

BTW, I don't really see Mir getting another big win in the HW division. I think breaking Nog's arm was the last for him.
Mir is streaky. Up until the submission, he looked slow, sloppy, and beaten. He doesn't seem to know if he wants to be light and fast or big and powerful. He's got a few more wins in him, but I don't see it being against any of the top tier fighters. He may be the gateway guy to test out the Strikeforce heavyweights after they fold their HW weight class and start moving them over to the UFC. He'll be a decent test to weed out the useless ones, but I don't think he's got a thing for Velazquez or Dos Santos, and I kinda feel that Lesnar would roll through him if Mir gets his rubber match he's been pushing for.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
They'll just need a Super Heavy-weight division.....and an Absolute division too IMO!
I definitely don't agree with SHW and not real fond of the absolute division idea either... if anything I think they should maybe do groupings of two weight classes into tournaments... FLY vs BW, FW vs LW, WW vs MW, LHW vs HW...

However, an open weight setup would work wonders for women's MMA.

Quote:
Just read it:
Don't really disagree with any of that. All I'm saying, is if Overeem clips him, it could be lights out. Do I think it will happen? Damn, I hope not...

BTW, I don't really see Mir getting another big win in the HW division. I think breaking Nog's arm was the last for him.
... I think Mir can be competitive... he shouldn't be too cocky with his hands though... Nog was about 5 seconds away from a KO or TKO when like an idiot he went to the ground... I'd like to see Mir vs Cain... Heck, with the SF guys coming over there are a few matchups that would be very interesting for Mir... Barnett or Silva would be at the top of my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Mir is streaky. Up until the submission, he looked slow, sloppy, and beaten. He doesn't seem to know if he wants to be light and fast or big and powerful. He's got a few more wins in him, but I don't see it being against any of the top tier fighters. He may be the gateway guy to test out the Strikeforce heavyweights after they fold their HW weight class and start moving them over to the UFC. He'll be a decent test to weed out the useless ones, but I don't think he's got a thing for Velazquez or Dos Santos, and I kinda feel that Lesnar would roll through him if Mir gets his rubber match he's been pushing for.
I dunno... I think Velasquez would be an intriguing matchup, but otherwise I agree... he's a gatekeeper for the rest of his career.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

... I think Mir can be competitive Barnett or Silva would be at the top of my list.
I dunno... I think Velasquez would be an intriguing matchup, but otherwise I agree... he's a gatekeeper for the rest of his career.
There is no doubt, Mir has by far the best ground game of any HW now (or possibly ever). I just don't see many current top guys trying to play the sub game with him.
I would love to see Barnett vs anybody UFC right now, but I think he specifically wants a shot at Overeem first.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
There is no doubt, Mir has by far the best ground game of any HW now (or possibly ever). I just don't see many current top guys trying to play the sub game with him.
I would love to see Barnett vs anybody UFC right now, but I think he specifically wants a shot at Overeem first.
I dunno... Werdum is pretty fucking nasty on the ground... That'd be a hell of a matchup too...

This is hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjM9DyMeN8M

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 12-27-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #25
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

This is hilarious:
That's fucking great.
I'll have to go back and watch some Werdum fights. I really haven't seen much of him since he left the UFC.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Shitting my pants with anticipation...

Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I still can't believe a guy as big as lesnar Cuts to 265...He'll be close to 300 Tonight.

GO BROCK!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

The one Friday PPV, and I have to work and miss most of it. Fuck.

Alright, picks anyway:
  • Lesnar
  • Cerrone
  • Hendricks
  • Matyushenko
  • Hettes

Hopefully I'll be out of work in time to catch Diaz Cerrone. If typical Fitch shows up and Hendricks can't nullify his wrestling, that'll buy me about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how long the entrances and post fight interviews go.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

I don't think he's that big anymore... He'll be closer to 280 tonight... Press conference a couple weeks back he said he was at 278. Still a God damned fucking monster...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Agree with your picks except the last two... I think both Pham and Gustuffson take UD's...