Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #41
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Oh yeah, it's such a hard job. That's why every skanky dumbass party whore of a girl I know is going to school to get a major in "Education" so they can teach. WOW, you are going to do 4 years (or more in many cases) of college to learn how to teach 12 year olds that 2+x=4 despite that a few years ago they were learning that 2+_=4. Most teachers these days don't have a real degree like Biology, Math, Engineering, or even English because if they had the brains for that then they'd be in the private sector working HARD. Instead they get their education major so they can get an easy job that once they get it can't be fired easily.

And again if the teachers really did give a shit about the children then why were they demanding more money? I thought they "cared about the children". Truth is those teachers wouldn't give a shit if those kids caught on fire, as long as they don't have to stay after and DO THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Anyone who works in the private sector, including people on salary, stay after and do work despite they aren't getting paid a lot of the times. They do it because they can be held accountable unlike those POS teachers or any other union protected thug.

Oh yeah, that "spanish" shit. My guess is that many teachers know spanish becuase odds are they probably took it (if they were smart) in college. If they didn't take it then I'm sure there are plenty of spanish speaking teachers ready to jump in (to an apparently undesirable job) for less.

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach (and those who Can't Do shit get elected).
I will now refer to you as Dr. Wackadoo and nothing else.

Good day Dr. Wackadoo!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #42
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

[/argument]

Dr. Wackadoo

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #43
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I'm a believer that dealing with the kids isn't the problem. It's dealing with the administration and the parents that are usually the problem.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #44
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm a believer that dealing with the kids isn't the problem. It's dealing with the administration and the parents that are usually the problem.
THIS

totally

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #45
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Teachers are representative of the community they serve.
If the teachers in your school suck...chances are you and you your community suck.

As for "education" majors. Used to be 4 years of whatever (insert History\English\etc majors) followed by a Masters in Education (get yo lesson plan on and discover how much you hate children. then decide you want to do special needs stuff because "thats where the jobs are\ be able to pull the "make a difference" card)

Then they go roaming around trying to get jobs at good school districts, only to be rejected because they were a dime a dozen.

Meanwhile, those who did their undergrad in Math or(insert science here) and then went for the masters are cashing in on the lulz.
Those who did a double major in both Math and Science get a free "touch a child while doped up on weed" card.

In all seriousness, the problem with schools today are rooted in parents.

BITCH BITCH BITCH
SUE SUE SUE
VOTE VOTE VOTE

Testing testing testing
bullshit bullshit bullshit.

Now all those teachers wanted to actually educate are being told....no no no. You need to get the little fucknuts to do well on all the standardized testing. Focus on the numbers. Focus on results!! Have a cookie FYI...we can't afford school supplies or poorly written bullshit textbooks from christfag Texas schoolbook publishers because we spent all our money on these here computers. Even though all these little brats have computers in the home and could easily go to the public library if they didn't, some old shithead said we need to computerize everything because Tron is going to happen and the kids need to be prepared.

So after 2-3 years the dream of every Teacher is not to teach the little bastard children raised on "eco save the planet cartoons" and soda, its to get a job in administration.

I'm just kidding.

The problem with the education system is the same as with hospitals.
The problem is that they are primarily run by women.
Any industry run by women is bound to be fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 03-02-2010 at 12:40 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #46
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Teachers are representative of the community they serve.
If the teachers in your school suck...chances are you and you your community suck.
That about sums it up. If your not enough of a parent to make sure your kids do well, dont blame the fucking teachers.

If I have kids, they will do well in school, or they will be cut off from everything they enjoy. Marks improve, they get their life back. And if they truly have academic problems, they will get whatever help they need, at whatever the cost.

Most people dont realize that the best thing they can give their child, is an education.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
A union spokesman called the firings "drastic" and cited a 21 percent rise in reading scores and a 3 percent hike in math scores in two years.
So, this means that if the average reading and math scores were 60 and 60, they have now risen to 72 and 62, respectively. Still weaksauce.

Teachers are dime a dozen, there are tons of 'em willing to move hundreds of miles to take a job.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #48
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
In all seriousness, the problem with schools today are rooted in parents.

BITCH BITCH BITCH
SUE SUE SUE
VOTE VOTE VOTE

Testing testing testing
bullshit bullshit bullshit.
Whether stated seriously or not, this resonates with me. I frequently hear profs talking about parents, as I travel around campus. When little Johnny gets a D or, heaven forfend he actually FAILS, the parents truck themselves in to talk with the prof, or department head. What are they asking? It's not, "How can we help Johnny to be better?" Instead it's, "Johnny can't fail. He needs that mark to do well when he graduates. YOU WILL CHANGE THAT MARK!"

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #49
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
YOU WILL CHANGE THAT MARK!"
This is the one time i'd like to be a teacher, to deal with idiot parents.

"He can change it himself, next year, when he does the course again!"

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #50
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
This is the one time i'd like to be a teacher, to deal with idiot parents.

"He can change it himself, next year, when he does the course again!"
Oddly enough, that has been said

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote