Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
KnotSo
Squid

Moto: 2006 Mastiff, 2005 Buell, 2000 HD
Default KnotSo from the Evergreen State

Hey all, let me first of all state up front that I have only ridden American V-twins and also have a Buess Blast, and have not rode any performance street bikes. I am a trucking supervisor for a large steel rebar company and we haul mostly over length loads thru out the NW, mostly Washington state. Married with no kids, 1 Rottie. I am the toyman in our circle of friends. We have a camper, 2 duallies (1 lowered, 1 lifted), tpd trailer, jetboat, 2 quads (1 on NOS), a bored n stroked ATC, a Big Dog, a HD, the Buell, and a single seat mini rail with a zuki motor and the reason why I came to this site at the long ago suggestion of Gas Man.

I have a Short Sand car that came with a very mild mannered GS1100. Last year I sent the motor to Scott Horner of Heads Up Performance and had the motor freshened up a bit with a big block (1395) and some other goodies built around the intention of the addition of a 100hp shot of NOS. Motor should put out 185hp alone. This car is mostly used in the sand, yet plan on taking it to the asphault to run the 1/4, just for sh*ts n grins.

Now, while I love HP, and am capable of using all available hp, I am not a good wrench, and the electrics stump me. Does anyone know of a great and honest shop in the west washington area that is capable of setting this lil drag/aggressive dune rail up with a dyna 2000 and setting the NOS up correctly? I used Mike Valesco to tune the original motor when it was stock, but he now works in a shop that aparently does not want to work on this hybrid. Mike is awesome, honest, does great work and best of all, loves innovation and cares about what he does, Mike has a great reputayion.

Your thoughts and considerations are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, this is a mini rail of my best friend. It has an alcohol hillborne fuel injected gsxr1150, assisted by propane and NOS, about 140hp off the bottle..

Last edited by KnotSo; 12-25-2008 at 06:11 PM..
KnotSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote