Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Kawasaki Card vs. Personal credit card

Ok, guys and gals... I'm new to this forum so go easy on me.

I've been riding for a year now, but havn't owned due to the whole parents/finances thing. Im tired of just riding my friend's around the neighborhood and then getting left behind when they want to go on trips, so I making the jump. I've got 2 options here to choose and was wondering what you all thought was best. Buying outright is out of the question as I'm still a Junior in college, so I will have to finance.

Option 1- A dealer in northern Ohio about 2 hours away has a left over new 2007 Ninja ZX6R in Silver for $7200. My thought is to talk them down to 7 flat, have a grand down payment, and then finanace the $6,XXX after t/t/t. A brand new bike financed for six something isnt too bad with Kawi's payment options on the Kawasaki Card.

Option 2- A dealer on the OH/PA border specailizes in used bikes with minor cosmetic problems. They have a 2007 Monster Energy Ninja ZX6R(black) for $5,199 that has very slight rash on the right side, almost perfect. Could be easily fixed with touch up paint. Thay also have an 07 Daytona 675 and an 06 Special Edition 636 for around the same price range. This company only accepts cash and credit cards.

What do you think?? I mean the one bike is brand new and is on sale, but the other is super low miles with light scrapes, and way cheaper.... Is there anything wrong with using a personal credit card IYO???? I mean it has a way lower minimum payment so if i get in a pinch with an unexpected bill one month. Pour it on people!!!
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote