Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #51
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
This is your ignorant post,right? Basically stating that anyone with a 190/50 on the rear is a "moron". Hey we're going to Deal's Gap next month,why don't you come on over and show us morons how to do "laps" track boy?
Nope, just the guy who put the tire on and then proceeded to wear it down in the middle, thus making a giant flat spot on it. If 190/50 works for you then great. I prefer different, and pretty much if I believe its better, than chances are I'll ride better.

And no I won't go to Deals Gap because I'd rather just ride the track that's 5min from my house, than ride hard on a road I don't know and risk taking a spill. And the area would increase that risk moreso than the profile of my tire.

Last edited by TYEster; 04-12-2009 at 09:56 PM..
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #52
t-homo
WSB Champion

The special wide wheel was a pretty fuckin stupid comment, in all reality. Pretty sure every 1000cc bike has the same size wheel, which is bigger than that of a 600. Even my 2000 does.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #53
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
The special wide wheel was a pretty fuckin stupid comment, in all reality. Pretty sure every 1000cc bike has the same size wheel, which is bigger than that of a 600. Even my 2000 does.
I guess, but probably moreso because I haven't ridden sportbikes in 3 years. When I picked my bike up and after reading about certain changes they've made to the bike, it seemed like the rear wheel was manufactered wider than "normal".

If it's all the same to you guys, great. I'm essentially "new" to sportbikes and riding the track as of this year. Sorry for "being ignorant" aka asking questions and making statements about the ACTUAL condition of my bike.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I guess, but probably moreso because I haven't ridden sportbikes in 3 years. When I picked my bike up and after reading about certain changes they've made to the bike, it seemed like the rear wheel was manufactered wider than "normal".

If it's all the same to you guys, great. I'm essentially "new" to sportbikes and riding the track as of this year. Sorry for "being ignorant" aka asking questions and making statements about the ACTUAL condition of my bike.
Ha,there is a difference between "asking questions" and making statements like (paraphrase) "the last guy who owned my bike was a moron because he ran a 190/50" That implies that everyone with a 6'' rim ,basically ALL liter-class sportbikes,that runs that size tire (which is stock btw) is a moron! Oh and just for the record,if you indeed had a say,6.25 or 6.5 wide rear rear,it would most likely BENEFIT you to go with the 190 or 200 series tire.

IMHO there is an almost "magic" correlation between the "profile" of the rear tire and my ability to get my bike around corners. That relationship is further affected by; brand of tire,model of tire,air pressure suspension settings and wear. When I find a sweet spot that works for all of these conditions...well,it's like God has graced me for the day! I know MANY guys who claim that the 190/55 is superior to the 190/50 BUT I would always proviso a statement like that with "for my bike,riding style and conditions". With my suspension set-up,my bike already falls into corners, I don't need the help of a narrower tire to enter a corner but I do appreciate the greater contact patch of the wider tire while exiting. Since you are stuck riding a Kawasaki,I can see how you might need some help cornering....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #55
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Ha,there is a difference between "asking questions" and making statements like (paraphrase) "the last guy who owned my bike was a moron because he ran a 190/50" That implies that everyone with a 6'' rim ,basically ALL liter-class sportbikes,that runs that size tire (which is stock btw) is a moron! Oh and just for the record,if you indeed had a say,6.25 or 6.5 wide rear rear,it would most likely BENEFIT you to go with the 190 or 200 series tire.

IMHO there is an almost "magic" correlation between the "profile" of the rear tire and my ability to get my bike around corners. That relationship is further affected by; brand of tire,model of tire,air pressure suspension settings and wear. When I find a sweet spot that works for all of these conditions...well,it's like God has graced me for the day! I know MANY guys who claim that the 190/55 is superior to the 190/50 BUT I would always proviso a statement like that with "for my bike,riding style and conditions". With my suspension set-up,my bike already falls into corners, I don't need the help of a narrower tire to enter a corner but I do appreciate the greater contact patch of the wider tire while exiting. Since you are stuck riding a Kawasaki,I can see how you might need some help cornering....
LOL ok...
Old 04-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

man after al this I feel so inadequate running a 180 tire

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #57
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
man after al this I feel so inadequate running a 180 tire

tom
As you should.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #58
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:

i do love the burn at the end

having ridden all three in the pp or 2ct- the 190/55 seems to be a better tire for the liter bike, quicker fall in in conjuntion with the sticking power when you are coming out of the corner at wot(ish).

but for the money i run a 180/55 for touring, cheaper and easier to find

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #59
t-homo
WSB Champion

I am going to try to find a cheap set of roads or stradas for my run down to Birmingham and back.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #60
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
[/B]

i do love the burn at the end

having ridden all three in the pp or 2ct- the 190/55 seems to be a better tire for the liter bike, quicker fall in in conjuntion with the sticking power when you are coming out of the corner at wot(ish).

but for the money i run a 180/55 for touring, cheaper and easier to find
a 190 wouldn't have fit on my bike because of exhaust clearance issues. It might now with the Drummer... but i'll just stick to stock and remember to not ham fist it when leaned full over in the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote