Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa
Default 4/4/2009 Ride

Had a great time riding today.

I've been looking forward to today's weather for the past week. it's been a nightmare here in Rocket City with the heavy thunderstorms, fears of twisters, and only having that damned Repo show to watch at night before I fall asleep.

However, today I got a chance to go out for a much needed ride. I geared up and thought about my path. To 72, to the parkway, down to a couple small twisty roads, then back to the hizzouse.

Well, needless to say today didn't go as planned. In fact, my 45 min ride turned out to be about a 3 hour ride. Just a smidgen of an increase.

After making my way down to 72, I merged into traffic and saw two riders pass in the opposite direction. Waves exchanged, and then it clicked. I've been looking to meet new riders out here....... Here's my chance that I'm seeing folks to ride with and I'm not stuck in my cager! Hi Ho The Meri-Oh A Flippin-A-Bitch I go...

Those fuckers were fast.... It took me a bit to catch back up to them, let's just say I was around double the speedlimit coming up on their 6. So when I finally get close to them, what makes a better first impression than blasting past at 150MPH? Yeah, I couldn't think of a better one myself....

So... VRRROOOOOMMM!!!!

I slow up and wait for them to catch up, and fall in behind them. I follow them down the road to a backroad I've ridden a few times. I had figured that this was where they were going, since well, it's just a damned fun road. I keep up, letting the two of them lead the way and giving plenty of space (face it, i'm not that quick in the twisties anyways). The three of us finally end up stopping at a gas station along w/ a group of about 8 to 10 cruisers (and a gold wing). I dismount and walk over to them and introduce myself. They're names are Brian and Chris, evidently know each other well, live close to one another, and lookie here they're matching. They've both got SV650s. I like them already, they're on Suzukis.

So after introductings and apologies from myself if I was "enroaching on their riding day" and asked if they minded me tagging along. I explained I'm still pretty new to the area and hadn't gotten a chance to meet many fellow riders. A few more moments later we mounted up and I followed them thru a set of real nice long sweepers to another gas station where we doubled backed, stopping at the gas station once more. Further chit-chat and contact information exchanged. More riding of twistys out of the area and then I was on my way back home.

Couple of great guys, real friendly and I had a great time riding with them....

p.s. I'll try to get 'em to head to TWFix and join up.

Last edited by Lamnidae; 04-04-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Sounds good...I have yet to actually Do that around here...I see bikers all the time but everytime I fllow suit they turn off and head down a boring road so I just assume there homeward bound or some shit.

Def know how you feel about wantign to meet new riders in the area!!

Good story
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

i've also been looking forward to getting out and riding today after all the wind and rain we've had here, and i also met someone new, his name was Officer B. and he apparently didn't like the speed i was traveling at, he was pretty nice though, i saw him turn around on me, so i just pulled off and waited for him, just gave me a warning

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
i've also been looking forward to getting out and riding today after all the wind and rain we've had here, and i also met someone new, his name was Officer B. and he apparently didn't like the speed i was traveling at, he was pretty nice though, i saw him turn around on me, so i just pulled off and waited for him, just gave me a warning
it's amazing how their attiude will change if you just pull off and wait rather than scoot on along....

most times that is.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote