Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I not a huge chopper fan but I defy anyone to find a better one for $12-13k...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I not a huge chopper fan but I defy anyone to find a better one for $12-13k...
Cool...all the cheap bastards in the world can buy this piece of crap looking bike.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #13
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
The funny thing for me is that they are comparing it to bikes that cost $30,000+. Motorcyclist did a comparo with this bike against a Big Dog that cost $35,000, ummm this bike cost $12,000. They're like, I don't like the fender, gauges, whatever. I'm thinking, for $22,000 you can do whatever the fuck you want to this bike and still buy the wife a bike to boot! I guarantee you that this bike will never have the problems that some Big Dogs have. Considering the fact that it's shaft-drive, maintenance will be changing oil for at least the first 10-20,000 miles, depending on what tires are on it and how you drive. I think it's a great chopper-esque bike for someone who doesn't want to work on them.
I agree, and as far as engine size Honda's market research indicated that 1300cc's way the preferred engine. Time will tell how this project turns out but I think it's a cool bike.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I agree, and as far as engine size Honda's market research indicated that 1300cc's way the preferred engine. Time will tell how this project turns out but I think it's a cool bike.
I'd be surprised if it does well. They are introducing it on the back end of this 'chopper' fad.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'd be surprised if it does well. They are introducing it on the back end of this 'chopper' fad.
Now that's a good point! It'll probably be another Rune, especially if all the mags dog on it!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Now that's a good point! It'll probably be another Rune, especially if all the mags dog on it!
It's getting good reviews from what I read. Solid engine and typical Honda. Complaints seem to be too much plastic covers. It just looks typical to me. And the way I see it the chopper craze is all but over.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It's getting good reviews from what I read. Solid engine and typical Honda. Complaints seem to be too much plastic covers. It just looks typical to me. And the way I see it the chopper craze is all but over.
That's what I read in my free issue of Motorcyclist... Again, what can you expect for $13,000? I'd imagine there will be a ton of aftermarket stuff for it, if it becomes popular.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The problem with "choppers" is people don't buy them for functionality or reliability or even a nice ride. They buy them for image and this defeats the purpose of that because it doesn't have two words on the side of the bike. You can make the most reliable piece of machinery with all the best options , cheap enough for anyone to purchase, and look like the megan fox of motorcycles, but the d-bags that buy the most of this type of bike would never buy it because it didn't say Harley Davidson on the side.

People who want a functional reliable motorcycle for actually riding usually don't buy choppers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #19
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The problem with "choppers" is people don't buy them for functionality or reliability or even a nice ride. They buy them for image and this defeats the purpose of that because it doesn't have two words on the side of the bike. You can make the most reliable piece of machinery with all the best options , cheap enough for anyone to purchase, and look like the megan fox of motorcycles, but the d-bags that buy the most of this type of bike would never buy it because it didn't say Harley Davidson on the side.

People who want a functional reliable motorcycle for actually riding usually don't buy choppers.
right, but maybe they want to. Prolly playing a hunch
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Cool...all the cheap bastards in the world can buy this piece of crap looking bike.
You Certainly Didnt Buck the trend there yourself did ya??