Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Wanted

Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Default Interested in Dual Sport, KLR/DRZ

Im interested in a Dual Sport. Im looking for something like the 99 KLR650, or in the price range of 1500-$2200 and in good working order I would really love to have A DRZ if anyone has one. Obviously i dont expect it to look new but i would like it to be without any mechanical defects. Im about to buy an 05 R6 but im willing to maybe try and get one of these as well if it appeals to me. I would like to get one and throw some street tires on it to ride everyday and then have an extra set of offroad/street tires i could throw on when the ride entails offroading. Ive allways wanted to have something of both worlds and im thinking now im capable of doing just that. If anyone has one that they are willing to part with im kind of interested. Just post up some pictures and the basic info and ill check it out. Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I'm selling my 01 DRZ, it's got around 6000 miles. Big gas tank, rear rack, and other stuff I can't remember. It's headlight needs upgrading. It's titled, but the headlight I got with it, didn't have a bulb. I rigged a turn signal bulb into it. It's legal, but I wouldn't ride it at night.

It's been down a few times, but thats the nature of a dual sport.

I am looking for your low end price range for it. I will pm you some pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-06-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

You can get some tires that are pretty good for both street and dirt, probably wont ever perform as well as your R6 on the street but good enough that you can have some fun with them, same for the dirt, they will be competent, but not great.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'm selling my 01 DRZ, it's got around 6000 miles. Big gas tank, rear rack, and other stuff I can't remember. It's headlight needs upgrading. It's titled, but the headlight I got with it, didn't have a bulb. I rigged a turn signal bulb into it. It's legal, but I wouldn't ride it at night.

It's been down a few times, but thats the nature of a dual sport.

I am looking for your low end price range for it. I will pm you some pictures.
Awesome. Im not looking to win a beauty contest with the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
You can get some tires that are pretty good for both street and dirt, probably wont ever perform as well as your R6 on the street but good enough that you can have some fun with them, same for the dirt, they will be competent, but not great.
Yea thats all im looking for.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Here aresome shots, there are more on my facebook.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

You pic a price trip and ill see what i can do.

Also im supposed to be meeting porkchop to buy the R6 he is selling and he was thinking of maybe coming and meeting at your place. He said he had been meaning to meet up with you and drewp. If your cool with that and i can manage to maybe get the money for your bike as well maybe i could pick it up at the same time and come home with 2 bikes lol.

Its still all up to the bank though. Got to go ask for some assistance lol.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
yeah it's fun bike... not a sport bike by any means... but fun in it's own right. for mostly street with a little dirt, say 70/30 I'd get the stock Trail Wings, they work great for me... but say clear of mud... they turn to slicks QUICK

for dirt mostly the D606's are awesome but are still DOT rated, I've put 1500 miles on a set on pavement alone (had to bring the bike back from Omaha and only had D606's to throw on)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
yeah it's fun bike... not a sport bike by any means... but fun in it's own right. for mostly street with a little dirt, say 70/30 I'd get the stock Trail Wings, they work great for me... but say clear of mud... they turn to slicks QUICK

for dirt mostly the D606's are awesome but are still DOT rated, I've put 1500 miles on a set on pavement alone (had to bring the bike back from Omaha and only had D606's to throw on)
Awesome.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

PMed ya some info.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post

I've got a set of 70/30s on my klr and can easily drag hard parts on the bike, and do light dirt duty, fire trails, gravel, soft pack dirt. I wouldnt try for mud or any hard trail riding though