Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Road rage

was almost a victim of it on saturday. I was comming home from my shift at the WTC. Merrick rd was closed going eastbound becaus eof an accident by my house. So we turned off and went through soem side streets to get around. I had to go north a bit to find a road that went under 135. So I find one and there are tons of cars, so I start whitelining. I am comming up to a stop sign and start passing about 8 cars on the right. A guy in a saturn SUV apparently didnt like this. he tried to cut me off but I went around him rather easily, he laid on the horn and was yelling bad words at me. I get to the stop sign and as I am turning I wave back to him and go on my way. I get up to merrick rd and whiteline past 5 more cars to get to the front and go across as the light turns green. I figure I am far enough ahead that this guy wouldnt have made that light so I slow down a bit. Well I was wrong. I was about 3/4 of the way down south seamesn neck road and I think I see this guy behind me.

Now I am a little worried, I dont need this guy following me home. So instead of turning onto my block I go to the last block of the road and make that right (you guys who have been to my place should kinda know what I mean there) he makes the right as well. That block ends and you have to make another right and hes still on me. Now normaly I would just drop a gear and loose him, no way an SUV will keep up with me in soem backroads. problem is our streets are being repaved so its all packed dirt right now. So I am working my way back to fresh pavement, at one point he tries to get ahead of me but he spins his tires and I stay ahead of him. I get back past where the roadwork is and I hammer it out of there. I loose him kinda quickly so I wonder if he knows the area he will wait for me to come back.

So I go back up to merrick and ditch into soem other sidestreets down the road a ways to chill and regroup. I called karen, to tell her whats up, also looked around my topcase for anything I can use as a weapon if need be, but dont have anything. So I head back home but dont go directly home, I prety much cruised all the backstreets by my house after the road forks. When you bear right there thats the only real way in or out, there is a park I may have been able to ride through but wasnt sure. So all appears clear and I fly home and tuck the bike away.

I have replayed this scenario many times over, I still think running/loosing him was the best option and am glad I didnt lead him to my front door, as I dont need this asshole knowing where I live, but on the flipside had I stopped and confronted him I would be in the right if things got nasty since he came after me and tried taking me out. I would assume he go tmy plate # which is not good, but he cant go to the cops and report me for whitelining, esp after he tried following me home. So for now Ijust need to be more cautios around my house and def keep an eye out for him.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

rednecks in all parts of the country.

waving prob. didn't help the sit. lol

i usually just pass em and keep on rolling, giving them attention by waving is egging it on, lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
rednecks in all parts of the country.

waving prob. didn't help the sit. lol

i usually just pass em and keep on rolling, giving them attention by waving is egging it on, lol
I usualy dont have time to stop and wave if its on the hwy or a main road, but since it was a side street and I had a stop sign I did. Sometimes on the hwy I will flip people off if they honk after I pass them.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

You in Seaford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
You in Seaford?
Yeah, hope that wasnt you chasing me
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

LOL, I had some guy get mad at me this morning and chase me up my parking garage and I had no idea.

Apparently I pulled into the parking garage too fast for him and he was behind a wall so I couldn't see him and he about popped out and got hit by me. He just told me to slow down and I said ok and he went on about his day. I had my gun sitting right next to me, so I wasn't worried and this also wasn't my home.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
shmike
Follower

Article from a few days ago:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...icks_on_th.php

Quote:
Jason Espeland had himself a case of road rage. And he paid for it by being on the wrong end of a severe beatdown.

According to Boca police, 32-year-old Espeland's 2013 Hyundai Accent was cut off by a white Lincoln Navigator on Military Trail just before 9 a.m.

Having another vehicle drive in front of his on an open street apparently turns Espeland into a raging douchehulk, so he decided to express his displeasure by ramming the front of his Accent into the back of the Navigator over and over again at a stoplight. Because destroying your small Japanese car by slamming it into an SUV is exactly how to get a message across.

As soon as the light turned green, the ornery Espeland sped away.

Not liking his SUV smashed into, the driver of the Lincoln followed Espeland in order to write down his license plate number.

Espeland eventually turned into a parking lot. The driver of the Navigator -- whose name was not released -- parked his SUV behind the Accent in order to call the cops.

But Espeland is a tough guy who doesn't take too kindly to having his car blocked by the vehicle he apparently just purposely damaged in a fit of rage. So he got out of his car to confront the other man..

According to police, the exchange went like this:

"What was wrong with you?" the Lincoln Navigator driver asked. "I'm calling the cops."
"Nothing," Espeland responded. He then started throwing punches. Tough guy.

The Lincoln Navigator guy had no intentions of exchanging fisticuffs with Espeland. But since the punches kept coming, he decided he had no choice.

Espeland kept wildly throwing haymakers. The other guy punched him the face twice. Espeland went down like a sack of dirt. Road-rage incident over.

According to the report, Espeland then curled into a fetal position. But after a while, he decided to get up and run from the scene. That's when the other guy threw an elbow to his face, obliterating any other bright ideas Espeland might've had.

When cops arrived on the scene, Espeland was in an ambulance, while the other guy stuck around to give his statement.

Police eventually caught up with Espeland at the hospital. He then went into detail on how he got his ass handed to him.

"I lost my temper," he told them.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Lol
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
CasterTroy

You did good Tommy!

This is where I'd love to post some story where I'm a hero and evoked revenge on a rager....but usually when I'm the victim of a rager it's inadvertent and I can't claim any kind of victory Plus...I'm the kinda person that seems to ALWAYS come up with the BEST comebacks AFTER the fact

Most of the time in MY case it's some dumbass just gets pissed at something I did that they didn't get the chance to do. Like merge from a stopped slow lane to the passing lane that's creeping at 2mph in a gap that HE wanted (me being behind them and taking advantage of the hole first)

Or being able to zipper merge in front of the car "in FRONT of" the guy eating his own face from impatience in the lane that's backed up for 5 miles. Then being "chased" by them after the congestion long enough for him to show me his finger and rage face.

It doesn't benefit me to egg anyone on or show any form of aggression. I'm always armed....and if you read derf's contribution on being armed you know you HAVE to walk away and not be the aggressor JIC you ever HAVE to use your weapon.

My biggest problem is the vehicles I drive Granted...I have nothing special. I may have a few cars in the driveway, but all totaled up their value doesn't exceed the cost of 1 brand new SUV. But it's the make/model that seem to extract all kinds of attention from ego-driven douschenozzles from all around.

1. F350 diesel: For some reason, every OTHER redneck in the county that subscribes to the coalrollers of america (read: they've programmed their computer or turned the fuel up on their cummins to billow black smoke) believes that I in fact am breaching their territory by driving on the roads they travel. And inherently attempt to pull a scene from The Duel to intimidate me into racing them or get out of their turf.

2. GTI: Dear GOD every honda civic that's been slammed with shitty camber and a folgers exhaust feel the need to "rev" or buzz this car like it's a wasp invading a hornets nest. This car only has mild mods to it. Intake, exhaust, and suspension. It's a $3000 car with 200 hp that gets GREAT gas mileage. I commute in it...sheesh.

3. Z4: Now granted it's the newest and nicest thing we have but still...we got it used, from a friend and paid less than you can get a mid-level Kia for. It's not something I worship, rub with a baby diaper or CLAIM is any better than anyone elses car...it's just a decent ride. Plus...I only get to drive it when my wife's outta town and doesn't know I have it But I get the same kids that the GTI attracts PLUS the rustangs, camaro's and kids driving their parents corvettes. C'mon really? And it's non-stop. Every SINGLE time I drive it.

It's easier for my blood pressure for me to just drive the exploder to work and NOT have to go home in a cross hatch pattern like Tommy did driving the other cars
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Yeah, hope that wasnt you chasing me
2 dollars
I want my 2 dollars

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote