Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #51
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Stories I have pis I do not,sorry..that was before I had a camera phone. Heck,the girl I had is graduating next year!
stories will do... I vote new thread... titled Adventure of Tigger and the Milfs
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #52
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I don't know about FL, but here in MI and in other surrounding states you can take it through several different community colleges and get the course for $25

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #53
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I don't know about FL, but here in MI and in other surrounding states you can take it through several different community colleges and get the course for $25
damn... it was free through Yuba Community College in CA(well other than tuition... though I don't know how much that was as they have 100% tuition assistance)... but in AK it was $250... Oregon it's about $250.... I've heard of some states being in upwards of $500...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #54
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

http://www.mtii.com/countymiamidade/miamidade.html

i did this one, it was a good course. The rider coaches were great, didn't bore you off your ass droning on and on about blah...
Old 03-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #55
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I disagree... friends will most likely teach you their bad habits, it'd probably be better to just learn from MSF instructors from the bery beginning... That being said, I know Neonspeed is an MSF instructor, but he's all the way in Jax... Perhaps he can point you to the right people down south...
Learn from Stunters. They got mad skillz yo.

Good point OSP. But it doesn't hurt to have them teach you the basics. A buddy of mine use to race ATVs and had trouble turning the bike for a bit until my buddy who rode streetbikes said "Push down on the bar in the direction you want to turn". Such as if you want to go left push on your left bar to help steer. I learned that too and it made a big difference.

Unfortunately as soon as I got my bike my friends pretty much had to sell theirs becuase they needed money. So I got stuck riding alone then went to forums for advice and that helped even better.

In the "Other Forum" I posted a thread that had a bunch of instructional videos that I think were great and helped me a ton. After watching them once my riding improved big time.

I'll dig them up again and post them on here when I get a chance.

For now here are the vids on another forum incase some aren't allowed to view the other one(I'll get a thread for TWFix later)...
http://southeastmotorcycleforum.com/...hp?topic=135.0

OH yeah. On a Georgia forum some Florida transplants where talking about the Florida test and said it was very difficult. A guy with a 06 CBR1000rr said he couldn't do a U-turn with his bike. Even when he got off of it and walked it to demostrate the bike literally could'nt do it.