Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #51
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

GAs you are really starting to concern me with this whole same ride as you thing. LOL Girly mushed the HHR this week, (see ice thread) and she is already shopping in case they total it. First car she sent me info on was Ford Fiesta, she's off to look at one right now. I was going to just let her drive my truck but apparently she didn't realize large V8 engines like large amounts of fuel. LOL back to a little car she goes.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #52
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
Just thought I would mention that I ended up getting a set of HID (55w 6K) for my Fusion and got them to work. Just as I thought, they would not work along with the DRLs and with the relay harness, the relay would just click rapidly. Both attempts just caused the ballasts/lights to flicker. So I got a Capacitor and wired it into the signal circuit for the relay harness. Works like a charm now.
They lit on my HHR DRLs. But whichever. If you ask or look up info from DDM, as a policy they will tell you to disable the DRLs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
GAs you are really starting to concern me with this whole same ride as you thing. LOL Girly mushed the HHR this week, (see ice thread) and she is already shopping in case they total it. First car she sent me info on was Ford Fiesta, she's off to look at one right now. I was going to just let her drive my truck but apparently she didn't realize large V8 engines like large amounts of fuel. LOL back to a little car she goes.
That sucks. But honestly the fiesta is a nice car. We really like it. And with the body kit, and tinted windows it's a damn good looking car!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #53
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Plastic intakes piss me off.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #54
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Yeah well... it's a economy sub compact not a ferrari

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #55
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Gas,

I saw that your got your HID's from DDM, I think I'm going to go that route for my truck. I was just curious as to where you got the LED tail lights. I'd like to find some quality lights for the rear, mostly backup lights. It's a pain in the ass sometimes with tinted front windows to see what your backing into.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #56
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

I didn't led the tail lights on the fiesta. I did the dome lights, plate and reverse lights. I get all my leds from superbrightleds.com they are great and have a great application selection.

First analyze ur cars application. Pay attn to light pattern needed to do the job. They have a link to sylvania to list all ur bulbs. Many of which cross reference back to just a handful. You can email thru the forum if u have more questions and want a faster response.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #57
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
They lit on my HHR DRLs. But whichever. If you ask or look up info from DDM, as a policy they will tell you to disable the DRLs.
Disabling the DRLs is a setting in the ECM that the dealer is not going to risk messing with. A lot easier, in my situation, to just trick the Relay/Ballasts.

My Girlfriend had a Fiesta out today for a test drive. They're nice little cars but the dealer here is having a very hard time moving them due to the price. This is the biggest Ford dealer in the Maritimes but they might have sold 2 per month so far. They're hoping for some bigger rebates and incentives in the new year.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #58
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

I understand tt. But in my chevy I just pulled the fuses and relays.