Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
All she has to do is put in for a Hardship, and she won't have to go on the deployment.
We had quite a few people put in for hardships before we got deployed. We have also had a couple sent home because of hardships that have come up since we left.

Sometimes things happen in life that you have no control over that warrant a hardship. If you are able to put in a hardship every time your unit gets deployed for a 20+ year career, you probably shouldn't have joined.
:clap: Thats what Im talking about. The timing of her mother bringing the child home is just so coincidentally a week before she is supposed to leave...Im thinking she just didnt want to go.

And you'd THINK, with free health care, she'd know how to not get knocked up.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Tough fucking shit. Give her a dishonorable discharge and send her out on her ass. Having a baby IS a choice and she chose to violate the terms of her enlistment. See ya in the unemployment line, bitch!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
The way I read it, she had a plan for her child but that situation fell through 5 days before the deployment.

Seems to me she did everything right. What is done is done, she has a child, I'm not going to judge her for that...who hasn't made a mistake, trusted the wrong guy, not been exactly religious about birth control (hell, the pill is only 97% effective).

Cut the girl some slack.

Maybe, just maybe, the Army was, perhaps, not quite so flexible or willing to help this person out.

But hell, let's all rush to judgement...
I applaud your kind thoughts. I've spent pretty much my entire life with half my family in the military, with tons of kids, single parents and being married to military, it just doesnt happen. No commander would tell you to put your kid in foster care for a deployment.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #14
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Tough fucking shit. Give her a dishonorable discharge and send her out on her ass. Having a baby IS a choice and she chose to violate the terms of her enlistment. See ya in the unemployment line, bitch!
Wow. Just Wow.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
That is a bit extreme...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I applaud your kind thoughts. I've spent pretty much my entire life with half my family in the military, with tons of kids, single parents and being married to military, it just doesnt happen. No commander would tell you to put your kid in foster care for a deployment.
Thanks!

I have been in the military for over 22 years. All I'm saying is that to me it looks like she doesn't deserve what she's getting.

And I don't know about that last thing about the foster care. I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.

But yeah, most of the parents I know in the military both find a way to make it work and sometimes do not. Just depends on the family and the person. Hard for ME to make that call about someone.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:

But then we all have ot pay for her by her going on welfare and medicaid.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
That is a bit extreme...
Yeah the dishonorable might be a tad extreme, but so is Dereliction of Duty, Failure to Obey a Commanding Officer and AWOL all for not showing up at her assigned duty station.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
But then we all have ot pay for her by her going on welfare and medicaid.

Tom
We'd be paying for her NOT to serve our country if she stayed in so either way we are paying.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
Thanks!

I have been in the military for over 22 years. All I'm saying is that to me it looks like she doesn't deserve what she's getting.

And I don't know about that last thing about the foster care. I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.

But yeah, most of the parents I know in the military both find a way to make it work and sometimes do not. Just depends on the family and the person. Hard for ME to make that call about someone.
I didnt know you were in the military, explains Pcola tho!!

I hear ya about the officers, I've met a few myself that might try something like that, but theres no way they could actually get away with it.

If this girl wasnt properly informed, she should have taken steps before basically going AWOL. She knew enough to get her mom as guardian, which leads me to think she really just didnt want to go and is trying to use this as an excuse. The timing of her mom bringing the baby back 5 days before she leaves doesnt add up either, especially if the woman runs a daycare servicing 14 kids plus caretaking for others.