Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I think they share responsibility, absolutely. But at what point do you (generic) as a drug dealer decide you've crossed the line? Is the "War on Drugs" really so effective that they need to involve kids in their crap? Of course, they've done worse. My point is that no one is forcing Mexicans to run drugs up here, or corrupt young kids, or cut people's heads off. These are individual choices they have made.

Cut off the demand and they wouldn't have that particular in-road to the country, sure. But they would still be worthless scum, and they would find some other way to hurt people. And it would still be spilling over the border, because the US government refuses to do anything to stop it.
I disagree that the amount of violence would remain the same. US drug demand creates the lure of easy money. And anytime that lure exists, it causes people to move beyond the bounds of sanity, into the justification of murder. People don't just start murdering just for fun.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-18-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I disagree that the amount of violence would remain the same. US drug demand creates the lure of easy money. And anytime that lure exists, it causes people to move beyond the bounds of sanity, into the justification of murder. People don't just start murdering just for fun.
Seems like these guys take their business very seriously with all the killings and how brutal/blatant they are about it.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Seems like these guys take their business very seriously with all the killings and how brutal/blatant they are about it.
They kill anybody who have ties to the opposing cartel. If you're on the payroll, you have a target on your back.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
They kill anybody who have ties to the opposing cartel. If you're on the payroll, you have a target on your back.
They also take out police/judges/politicians that arent on their payroll too.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
there is a video. "fucked" doesn,t begin to describe it.
For sure. I didn't have the sound on because i was eating lunch in the cafeteria. The guys seemed pretty damn calm for knowing their head is about ot be chopped off in a horrible way. Personally I think I'd prefer the chainsaw over the knife.

Another reason to end the war on drugs. As "evil" as pharmacutical/businesses are, they in general don't set out to kill others. Let MIT chemists make the drugs and Harvard MBAs sell the drugs. They tend to not chop of heads nad kill others. Though unions are a different story.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
How so?
I just can't figure out what the hell you meant. Is there some sort of "Smoke Local" movement out there, where one of the requirements is also that your pot must be grown by a US citizen?
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
I would direct you to exhibit A, MS-13:

Quote:
Prosecutors filed three counts of murder and other charges Thursday against Edwin Ramos, 21, of El Sobrante, an alleged street gang member who police say opened fire on the Bolognas after their car briefly blocked Ramos from completing a left turn down a narrow street.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1b9y17JXr
MS-13 members were recruited by Mexican cartels because of their brutality. The drug trade didn't make them violent, their violence got them a place in the drug trade. They and other gangs like them were essentially born from illegal immigration and the tendency of illegal immigrants to seek their own justice apart from legal authorities.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I just can't figure out what the hell you meant. Is there some sort of "Smoke Local" movement out there, where one of the requirements is also that your pot must be grown by a US citizen?
Sounds like you figured it out OK.

Why wouldn't you want it grown by a US citizen?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I would direct you to exhibit A, MS-13:

MS-13 members were recruited by Mexican cartels because of their brutality. The drug trade didn't make them violent, their violence got them a place in the drug trade. They and other gangs like them were essentially born from illegal immigration and the tendency of illegal immigrants to seek their own justice apart from legal authorities.
Large, well-organized gangs like MS-13 wouldn't exist if illegal trades such as the drug trade didn't exist. Instead, gangs would just stay small and local, i.e. simply for the purpose of brotherhood or for protecting their rinky-dink neighborhood.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want it grown by a US citizen?
Because BC Bud is the best bud.