Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
No, not a lot of ice in the Middle East. I was talking about water. The Tigris and Euphrates, and Nile valleys under a hundred feet of water, to be specific
hmmm... so during the Ice Age there was less water in the Middle East? Bear with me, We are not in an Ice Age now so by your logic, shouldn't the middle East be flooded? I mean, where did all that water go? I'm sure that you have a point to an extent but I think that the overall amount of water in all forms was the same or similarly spread out around the world. Otherwise, during the Ice Age the Middle East would have been even drier... In fact, the theory is that because it was cooler, the region was actually wetter and more fertile than it is today.

BTw I was teasing about your theory but since there wasn't any ice, there would be no run off either. No run off, no flood. Higher temps, less rain.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #52
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Wetter, more fertile, and larger because of all the water trapped in glaciers. Then, when the glaciers melted, the water level rose to current levels. You know; like the Global Warming guys are talking about now. Think globally

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote