Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #21
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I disagree. I figure that posted number is the starting point to start negotiations.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #22
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I've only been stopped twice on a bike and got a ticket both times but the officer wasn't a jerk either time.

I've had several tickets in cages and don't really remember any of the leo's being overly nasty or anything BUT then again I treat them with respect and know that they are just doing their job. I've gotten out of several tickets but have gotten several as well but deserved them most of the time.

I haven't noticed being treated differently either way.

*edit*...Oops... I did get pulled a third time on the bike for improper display of my tag while at Myrtle Beach, SC during bikeweek BUT they were definitely being rougher on people on bikes.

They've even banned bikeweek in Myrtle Beach now so this wasn't the norm EXCEPT for MB.

Wasn't it black bike week that got banned?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Wasn't it black bike week that got banned?

Well to be truthful that's what they wanted to ban but since that's not politically correct they banned both. They call it black bikeweek so that's what I call it too.

Funny thing though...Mytle Beach is just one township along the coast there (although it's the major town) so the other towns along the coast in that area still want to have it.

When most think of that area they think it's ALL Myrtle Beach but it clearly is not.

Black Bikeweek is/was headquartered in Atlantic Beach...just north of the actual town of Myrtle Beach.

It's kind of confusing as evidenced in my attempted explanation.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #24
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've never been pulled over on a motorcycle.
Knocking on wood for you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I think some are. I've never been pulled over on the bike, but the officer that responded to my accident was very anti biker. He was accusing me of going above 70mph in a 35 mph zone. He even followed the ambulance to the hospital and harassed me in the ER. When the accident investigators came out to determine my speed they said I was only going 36mph. The officer did call me a few days later to apologize though.
What an ass.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #25
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm on the fence... before yesterday, I might have said no but yesterday I had one of those days.....

I stupidly volunteer to go help a customer about 50 miles away with her alarm. I figure I'll take the bike since I'll only need a screw driver to remedy her problem. On the way there, I'm taking it kinda easy... nothing over 100 mph. I stop for gas and unplug my helmet instead of taking it off to pay for gas.... big mistake. I forget to plug it back in and a few miles down the road-BANG state cop. I could have bailed but I've had such good luck with these guys lately... Not this time, old boy writes me for 86/55 and gives me my court date of Jan 12 on the spot.

Okay, I suck it up and continue to the customer's house. Fis her alarm and head home... I get to within 3 miles of my house and BANG another state cop pulls me over. I'm like WTF?!?!?! I wasn't speeding or anything. He writes me a ticket for improper license plate placement. I'm like, "I had a ticket like this thrown out just two years ago..." Apparently, this state cop is on a crusade to change the DA's mind about these tickets. He took pics of my bike and everything... I'm going to run to the court house first thing this morning and see what I can do.

Geez what a day!!!

Should have found something wrong on his vehicle. There usually is. LOL If you had a camera/vid recorder you could have followed him and made sure he did everything by the law. Bawhahaha, they would be great to catch him blasting through a red light or something.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #26
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Should have found something wrong on his vehicle. There usually is. LOL If you had a camera/vid recorder you could have followed him and made sure he did everything by the law. Bawhahaha, they would be great to catch him blasting through a red light or something.
Or not using his turn signal!! That is a huge pet peeve of mine, especially with cops of all sorts!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Are cops harder to bikers than cars when caught speeding ? What's the experience out there ?
Yes, they are. Most cops think sportbikers are "whippersnappers" who need to be taught a lesson. Or that they should have bought a "real" bike (a Harley). Ever seen a Harley rider get a fix-it ticket for exhaust? Probably not, but it happens to sportbikers all the time.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Or not using his turn signal!! That is a huge pet peeve of mine, especially with cops of all sorts!
Same with me...hate that chit. I often wondered if they teach officers at the academy to NOT use their turn signals because they sure don't use them around here.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Knocking on wood for you too...

Thanks, but I don't put myself in the situation to be pulled over. I dont speed when I'm cruising around town and areas where cops are known to sit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote