Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #81
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Shit dude, if your just blowing black smoke then Ya your just rich. I thought you were talking about plumes of whit/blue. Most maps do that shit at anything but WOT. I wouldnt worry, just play with your PC or get a new map burned.
thats the thing I dont have a PC.... I have a yoshi slip on and a K&N air filter thats it.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Have you pulled it apart yet to check for issues?
no i really havent looked into it yet. I dont even know where to start.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #83
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
no i really havent looked into it yet. I dont even know where to start.
ive got a buddy very experienced with the 750's, its his track bike, I will check with him this evening and see if he's got any input...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #84

Quote:
ive got a buddy very experienced with the 750's, its his track bike, I will check with him this evening and see if he's got any input...
from what others observed when I rev it in neutral it puffs smoke when its reving down and its a puff of black smoke. I did notice when I did my last oil change it was a little low by like a .25 of a quart.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #85
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

My 2001 was the exact same (rich, Black tip) and I had a slip on and filter for years! It would puff black from day one. I bought it off the showroom with 0 miles and I think the earlier modeles were funny in the fueling. You dont need to buy A $300 PC get someone with a Yosh box or other tool to burn you a new mad to the ECU. its a lot cheaper and many tuners have them.

Now as for you....

"Rossi can ride a bike to its limits, Mladin, Spies, they can all do it.

Any asshole can abuse a bike. Intentionally abusing a bike is NOT riding it to any limit. Its abuse. Pure and simple.

Riding a bike to its limits is not abusing it, simply using it for its intended creation. "

You must be on crack to think these guys are not beating the piss out of those bikes... And no its not "OK" the way they ride them. And you would be surprized how FEW parts your bike shares with theres. You think they just roll a few off the showroom floor and say "hey guys lets go race these shiny new bikes!" um.... no. Test tune test some more redesign test test break redesign... Ah ha! that works, Now how can we make it for 300,000 people to buy. I know lets make it slightly cheaper... but still reliable for the piss ant squids... This is the part that impresses me.

Last edited by Gunther1000; 08-14-2008 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: I dont proof read.
Gunther1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #86

as far as i kow its always puffed a little black smoke and has always had the soot residue on the pipe but when someone said it seemed like it was burning oil it got me motivated to really get rid of this thing before it blows up
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #87
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
My 2001 was the exact same (rich, Black tip) and I had a slip on and filter for years! It would puff black from day one. I bought it off the showroom with 0 miles and I think the earlier modeles were funny in the fueling. You dont need to buy A $300 PC get someone with a Yosh box or other tool to burn you a new mad to the ECU. its a lot cheaper and many tuners have them.

Now as for you....

"Rossi can ride a bike to its limits, Mladin, Spies, they can all do it.

Any asshole can abuse a bike. Intentionally abusing a bike is NOT riding it to any limit. Its abuse. Pure and simple.

Riding a bike to its limits is not abusing it, simply using it for its intended creation. "

You must be on crack to thing these guys are not beating the piss out of those bikes... And no its not "OK" the way they ride them. Any you would be surprized how FEW parts your bike shares with theres. You think they just roll a few off the showroom floor and say "hey guys lets go race these shiny new bikes!" um.... no. Test tune test some more redesign test test break redesign... Ah ha! that works, Now how can we make it for 300,000 people to buy. I know lets make it slightly cheaper... but still reliable for the piss ant squids...
Ya know, before you argue with me, you should maybe get to know me. You must be new if you think I dont know this shit.

I am fully aware that those bikes share VERY little in common with a bike straight off the showroom floor. Jesus christ, what self respecting race follower and track rider DOESNT??!!

Heres an amusing tidbit, when Team Jordan requested some of these "special" parts, Mike Jordan was informed he didnt have the MONEY to purchase this stuff.

So yeah, not stock bikes, OMG for real? They're racing jacked up superbikes??!! Are you serious??!! Here i was thinking they had one just like me...

However, their bikes are made to be ridden as hard as they ride them AND they have the skills to take a showroom floor bike and ride it to the limit. A good WERA or CCS racer can most likely do the same. But you? I? Joe Blow from off the street? No. Not in a hundred years.

And riding a bike the way it was designed is not abuse. Race bikes and street bikes have TONS more potential than any street rider will ever be able to use. I dont know where you are getting that from...

Stoppies, wheelies, stunting in general? Thats not what the bikes were designed for. A stunt bike, yes, its been modded to be that way. A regular run of the mill, stock bike, no. You cant even argue that stunting is what Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha had in mind when they designed these bikes.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.

Last edited by the chi; 08-14-2008 at 05:58 PM..
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #88
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Ya know, before you argue with me, you should maybe get to know me. You must be new if you think I dont know this shit.

I am fully aware that those bikes share VERY little in common with a bike straight off the showroom floor. Jesus christ, what self respecting race follower and track rider DOESNT??!!

Heres an amusing tidbit, when Team Jordan requested some of these "special" parts, Mike Jordan was informed he didnt have the MONEY to purchase this stuff.

So yeah, not stock bikes, OMG for real? They're racing jacked up superbikes??!! Are you serious??!! Here i was thinking they had one just like me...

However, their bikes are made to be ridden as hard as they ride them AND they have the skills to take a showroom floor bike and ride it to the limit. A good WERA or CCS racer can most likely do the same. But you? I? Joe Blow from off the street? No. Not in a hundred years.

And riding a bike the way it was designed is not abuse. Race bikes and street bikes have TONS more potential than any street rider will ever be able to use. I dont know where you are getting that from...

Stoppies, wheelies, stunting in general? Thats not what the bikes were designed for. A stunt bike, yes, its been modded to be that way. A regular run of the mill, stock bike, no. You cant even argue that stunting is what Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha had in mind when they designed these bikes.
lol, the only parts required to "mod" a stunt bike are rashed plastics, a dinner plate sprocket, and a crash cage. boom, done. anything you add to a stunt bike only DECREASES its rideability.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #89
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

WOW

Rae, You are the one who brought up the whole "Matt maladin" aspect...

Um, do you feel better now super trackday girl?

Wow. Relax... I was bored at work giving you a hard time. You don't seem like a simple minded person, well untill that last thrashing about in your attempt to "Stick it to the Squid, wheelie,Stoppie guy" Which by the way I'm not.

But again, I hope you are ok now?

Leave it at that or we can continue, Its just well I'm home now and wont be back on till Work rolls around tomorrow.

So Good Night Honey!

Smoooooch!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #90
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote