Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > GPS Data

Old 03-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #41
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
it'd be like september 8th or 9th I think... which are weekdays
Sorry man, wont be able to help you out there, unless you want to put an extra hour on your trip on each sde of the night. I will show you how an engineering school in a town of 15k can drink though.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #42
Becca_007
Street Stunter

Moto: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

I have the Garmin 60csx.

I had wanted a GPS for a while and as soon as I discovered geocaching I had to have one. The 60csx is a handheld so you can take it in the car, on the motorcycle, on the mountain bike, or simply walking around. When in the car you can hook it up to the laptop (via USB) and it works with DeLorme for excellent mapping. Otherwise it uses MicroSD cards to store maps and information (it really holds quite a lot).

On the motorcycle I love using the speed/odometer screen to see what my actual travel distance is. Took it skiing a few weekends ago and looking at where I'd been was pretty sweet. 20 miles overall; with 14 of it being going down the hills at a maximum speed of 33.3mph. I forget what the max and min elevation were. They are fun to have in airplanes too!

I also have a ram mount for mine. In the car it isn't a big deal since there are usually two of us and a laptop, but on the motorcycle and mountain bike I mount it on the handlebars.
Becca_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #43
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_007 View Post
I have the Garmin 60csx.

I had wanted a GPS for a while and as soon as I discovered geocaching I had to have one. The 60csx is a handheld so you can take it in the car, on the motorcycle, on the mountain bike, or simply walking around. When in the car you can hook it up to the laptop (via USB) and it works with DeLorme for excellent mapping. Otherwise it uses MicroSD cards to store maps and information (it really holds quite a lot).

On the motorcycle I love using the speed/odometer screen to see what my actual travel distance is. Took it skiing a few weekends ago and looking at where I'd been was pretty sweet. 20 miles overall; with 14 of it being going down the hills at a maximum speed of 33.3mph. I forget what the max and min elevation were. They are fun to have in airplanes too!

I also have a ram mount for mine. In the car it isn't a big deal since there are usually two of us and a laptop, but on the motorcycle and mountain bike I mount it on the handlebars.
WTF is geocaching?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #44
Becca_007
Street Stunter

Moto: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Geocaching is treasure hunting of a sort. People hide "caches" all over the world. Somtimes the container is an ammo box, sometimes a film canister, sometimes a small tuperware container, and various others. The coordinates are posted are you can enter them into your GPS then go find it. I just started in August of 2007. You can find some really cool areas you didn't know about bu looking for these things. Unfortunately a 4 wheel vehicle is often the best way to search cause it's just too hot to tromp around the woods in full cycle gear.
Becca_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Note to OSP...the Mio C320 is still on sale at radio Shack for $200. I was there pursueing my ever prescent goal of making all of my electonics on my bike work perfectly together. Phone,gps and radar detector all coonected to my helmet without purchasing one of those way overpriced communications routers for bikes.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #46
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Note to OSP...the Mio C320 is still on sale at radio Shack for $200. I was there pursueing my ever prescent goal of making all of my electonics on my bike work perfectly together. Phone,gps and radar detector all coonected to my helmet without purchasing one of those way overpriced communications routers for bikes.
I still don't know what to get... I want something brainless, but decently accurate. I figure I'll probably just buy something cheap and be lovely about it.

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 03-04-2008 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #47
GearGrabinGuy
Been Around the Block

Moto: '02 ZX6R w/ 110hp @ wheel

MINE FTW

I got this guy for X-mas and I LOVE IT, and its got all the bells and toys the $600 garmins have. Its BA
GearGrabinGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #48
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGrabinGuy View Post
MINE FTW

I got this guy for X-mas and I LOVE IT, and its got all the bells and toys the $600 garmins have. Its BA
I do like the widescreen too... Others in that price range don't have that... I might be sold on this thing...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #49
GearGrabinGuy
Been Around the Block

Moto: '02 ZX6R w/ 110hp @ wheel

Dude the huge screen is AWESOME! The thing that fails on the garmans for me, is to get your speed, or travel data (it does give you like time but doesnt give your speed) you have to switch screens, which is dangerous. this one all has that info on the side without ever leaving the map screen, which for garman you have to do. Its cheap and its nice. I seriously cant tell you how happy I am with it. The only thing it doesnt have is voice recognition. But I think that would be a lil odd anywho.

Last edited by GearGrabinGuy; 03-05-2008 at 11:01 AM..
GearGrabinGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #50
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hey that's the one I've been talking about! In fact I uploaded music to it last night for fun. Heck the speaker is quite loud but it has a headphone jack. It doesn't come with headphones or a sd card,oh did we mention it's touchscreen? Like I said before,I'd wire power to your bike,that big screen kills the battery kinda fast but other than that I like it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote