Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
He was a real dick about it though. He kept asking how fast I was going and when was the last time I checked my speed, then he kept saying "well we'll let science tell the real story". Then the prick followed me to the ER to harass me some more.
You should have lodged a complaint! I had a cop once decide to chase me down because he thought that I was speeding (no radar or anything). When I saw him, I turned the next corner and pulled over. Well, TJ Hooker came flying around the corner so fast that he couldn't stop and creamed my 'Busa. I ended up in the hospital, my bike went to the shop and he went to the unemployment line. I made Grand Rapids pay for my hospital bills, my bike and my missed worked (which I milked to the max btw). What an ass!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #22
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You should have lodged a complaint! I had a cop once decide to chase me down because he thought that I was speeding (no radar or anything). When I saw him, I turned the next corner and pulled over. Well, TJ Hooker came flying around the corner so fast that he couldn't stop and creamed my 'Busa. I ended up in the hospital, my bike went to the shop and he went to the unemployment line. I made Grand Rapids pay for my hospital bills, my bike and my missed worked (which I milked to the max btw). What an ass!
Where I live is patrolled by Kent County Sheriff. I'd imagine GRPD would have been worse had they arrived on the seen. Response was quick though, sheriff, ambulance and FD showed up in less than 2 minutes. Of course the FD is only 3/4 mile from where the accident occurred.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I'll second the "they dont know till you teach them" bit. If I hadnt made the attempt to talk to my riding crowd, Id never have learned about "real" riding versus back and forth to hooters, drag strip, or illegal stunting, etc...I wont dog someone who wants to stunt and just cruise around looking cool, but neither will I show any more "respect" than that given.

And every chance I get, when I do chat with someone new I try to enlighten them, and let them know there is more than just a drag strip, and our bikes were built to be handled and not just sat upon.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I'll second the "they dont know till you teach them" bit. If I hadnt made the attempt to talk to my riding crowd, Id never have learned about "real" riding versus back and forth to hooters, drag strip, or illegal stunting, etc...I wont dog someone who wants to stunt and just cruise around looking cool, but neither will I show any more "respect" than that given.

And every chance I get, when I do chat with someone new I try to enlighten them, and let them know there is more than just a drag strip, and our bikes were built to be handled and not just sat upon.
Truth! I mean in all honesty, we are all products of our environments to an extent. Every stupid thing that you do or have done was learned behavior. If you drink, it's because people around you do. If you smoke it's because people around you do. If you smoke dope... etc. If someone doesn't teach you better than how will you ever stop, at least until you kill yourself that is.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
t-homo
WSB Champion

I guess I've gotten lucky. We have a huge sportbike group here that quite a few of em are real riders, whether that be track days or touring. Yeah, you'll normally see one stupid pass over the course of a 3-4 hour ride, but its nothing terrible and its never been to the point of a fist fight.

Here is a crazy idea. I want to get a stunt bike. Parking lot only. Yeah, they are normally attention whores too, but it looks like a blast.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I guess I've gotten lucky. We have a huge sportbike group here that quite a few of em are real riders, whether that be track days or touring. Yeah, you'll normally see one stupid pass over the course of a 3-4 hour ride, but its nothing terrible and its never been to the point of a fist fight.

Here is a crazy idea. I want to get a stunt bike. Parking lot only. Yeah, they are normally attention whores too, but it looks like a blast.
Stunting is a lot of fun actually! I've just learned that there is a time and a place for it.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #27
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
Notice they have a bias AGAINST sportbikers? kinda odd as I ride one... but if I'm stopped at a gas station... 90% of the time I'll just not "what's up" and go on about my way....
Usually I only completely ignore them if the rider isn't wearing any gear. Well, that's not entirely true... I ignore them if they are not wearing a helmet, shirt, shoes or gloves... which happens way too much in this area.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

around here "most" sportbike riders are good riders, there's a few young guys that just tool around town but not that many, i completely avoid talking to anybody on a cruiser, most clueless people about bikes i've ever met unless you're talking about drag pipes or some kind of handlebars

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Yes

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Yes
QFT! For the most part, a bike is just a two wheeled car to those guys.