Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i switched mt riding style from 2 wheels to 4... does that count
na, just means you're gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #72
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I switch from riding a like a responsible person to riding like an asshole from time to time.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #73
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I switch from riding a like a responsible person to riding like an asshole from time to time.

"don't ride like an asshole" is the official forum motto
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #74
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post

"ride like an asshole" is the official forum motto
fixed

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #75
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I switched from an 02 VTX1800 to an 06 FZ1 last year...because I want to ride like an asshole!!

Not really, but I did want a bike that was more capable in the twisties and still comfortable enough to ride all day. After riding a few years and improving the suspension on the VTX to get all I could out of it, I found that when I got in a groove I could ride that bike at about 98% of what it could do in the curves. I was replacing the pegs once a year and some days I was grinding hard points on roads I knew really well and knew I had that 2% left. But it didn't take long for my sense of preservation to overcome the adrenaline and decide I needed a bike that I could ride at a "spirited" clip with plenty of "bike" leftover for that "oh shit" moment that was bound to come sometime. In all honesty, I've hardly pushed the FZ1 (3k miles since I got it) faster than I rode the VTX on my favorite roads around here and I can tell I'm hardly making the bike work. I'm sure as I get used to the bike (and get a rear shock for my fat ass) I'll pick the pace up some but I really don't like to ride stupid fast on the street. I hope I don't get to where I try to reach the capabilities of this bike on the street because I don't think I have the reflexes to keep up with it now. I do want to rock a trackday first chance I get though and really play with the FZ, I know I'll have a blast!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #76
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I switched from an 02 VTX1800 to an 06 FZ1 last year...because I want to ride like an asshole!!

Not really, but I did want a bike that was more capable in the twisties and still comfortable enough to ride all day. After riding a few years and improving the suspension on the VTX to get all I could out of it, I found that when I got in a groove I could ride that bike at about 98% of what it could do in the curves. I was replacing the pegs once a year and some days I was grinding hard points on roads I knew really well and knew I had that 2% left. But it didn't take long for my sense of preservation to overcome the adrenaline and decide I needed a bike that I could ride at a "spirited" clip with plenty of "bike" leftover for that "oh shit" moment that was bound to come sometime. In all honesty, I've hardly pushed the FZ1 (3k miles since I got it) faster than I rode the VTX on my favorite roads around here and I can tell I'm hardly making the bike work. I'm sure as I get used to the bike (and get a rear shock for my fat ass) I'll pick the pace up some but I really don't like to ride stupid fast on the street. I hope I don't get to where I try to reach the capabilities of this bike on the street because I don't think I have the reflexes to keep up with it now. I do want to rock a trackday first chance I get though and really play with the FZ, I know I'll have a blast!
man, even the punisher could ride that bike at 98% of what its got. The FZ1 looks good on you, much more suited to your abilities. I've been looking at the FZ8, and really love it, I wish I had more money, or I would consider it myself, again if I actually had money. I would love to find a mid sized above 600 and bellow 1000cc faired upright standard, something more comforatble than my 10 year old CBR.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #77
R1up0n1
Yo

Moto: 2009 Yamaha V Star 950 Touring / 1995 Intruder

After having an SV650, two R1's, and an Intruder as I have grown up in the past few years I'm riding a lot more sensable. I just sold my 04 R1 last thursday, and the next day I bought a new Yamaha V Star 950 Touring Edition. I pick it up tomorrow morning.

I made the switch because I don't want to ride with a lot of people that don't wear their gear...I gave up on those guys a few years ago and have been riding solo with my brother-in law....well he went down last year and broke his collar bone which put me riding totally solo for the rest of the year. I started to find a lot more people to ride with in the cruiser world, and my wife enjoyed going on some of these rides.

My wife and I are going to take a vacation out to Sturgis this year so we really need to go for comfort.
R1up0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote