Old 10-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default Heroic Racing...

Can go fuck themselves...

So I find these boots online for ONSSP:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEROIC-HRA-1...-/270493550600

Never heard of them, but upon Googling, I learn that they make decent shit... Price was right and the product looked solid, so I say what the hell and buy the boots.

Two days later I get this email:

Quote:
Can u call me asap

Todd McNabney
HEROIC Racing Apparel
c: 917.846.3671
todd.mcnabney@heroicracing.com
I called within 5 minutes of getting the message and the guy says that he must have miscounted stock, and white isn't available. However, he's just outside of town and going to be passing through to deliver a bike for a buddy... we can meet up and I can check out the black ones to see if I'm interested in those. I told him I had a bunch of shit going on, but given his location, he should be in town within an hour. He couldn't tell me exactly where he was going so I told him to call me when he did... Nothing.

Called him twice that night, again the next morning, again the morning after that... sent him a couple of emails... continued calling... twice on Monday, twice on Tuesday, and on the 2nd attempt Wednesday, he picked up.

Like nothing ever happened, he asked me what I've decided to do... I tell him I want to cancel and get an immediate refund because we've already found her other boots... No problem he says...

And now it's Friday and I haven't heard shit. No refund and he's not picking up his phone again. I left shitty feedback and sent him one final message through eBay demanding my refund. Monday I'll go through the pain of dealing with eBay to get my money back... cause I'm sure this guy can't be bothered for 2 minutes to run his fucking business.

You know, I'm normally real cool about shit... call me and basically admit to a bait and switch, cool, whatever. But fucking ignore me for a week, act like nothing happened, promise an immediate refund, then fuck around for who knows how long before giving it to me... dude can go fuck himself. I mean, in the least fucking lie to me - 'got in a major crash on our way in town, killed 10 children and a bucket full of kittens' ... whatever - don't fucking ignore me and offer no explanation, apology, anything. Douche.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Oh, did I mention that the auction is still running and offering white boots that are supposedly out of stock? What... The... Fuck.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Have ONSSP eff him up.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
shmike
Follower

That sucks to hear.

I don't have any personal experience with them but a few racers I know swear by their suits.

Too bad the customer service is so shady.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Never heard of them. Most likely it's re-branded gear.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Never heard of them. Most likely it's re-branded gear.
I dont think so, I think the guys based out of ny. They/HE was at alocal track org a few yrs back pushing his stuff. Heard ok things about them up till this. def realy shitty.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

So before posting all of this, I sent this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP
Todd,
Please refund my money. If possible, I'd like to avoid the hassle of using eBay's buyer protection coverage to get the refund we agreed upon.

I find it very disappointing how this has all turned out. The fact that you called me and explained to me that the color was unavailable and offered something different was somewhat questionable, but the lack of communications since then and the utter avoidance of my messages and phone calls is incredibly frustrating.

Please, I implore you, refund my money immediately as we agreed upon over the phone Wednesday morning. I'm leaving for the weekend and will not have phone access... please respond to this message directly.

Thank you,
Then this motherfucker has the nerve to respond like this:

Quote:
I will refund the money as soon as I get back tonight. To be honest with you I believe I tried to do all I could to even meet up with you and call you to let you know about not having this in inventory. I'm not going anywhere and your money will be returned.

Todd McNabney
HEROIC Racing Apparel
c: 917.846.3671
Yeah, if by doing all you can means, not calling me back as promised to meet up that day, avoiding my 2 phone calls per day and several emails for almost 5 days, then reluctantly refunding me ONLY after I send a threatening email, leave negative feedback, all while acting like it's not your fault - and continuing to have a bait/switch auction out there... then yeah motherfucker, you did everything you can.

Got my refund, good fucking riddence. YMMV, but if I ever hear of anyone considering to purchase anything from this scumbag, I'll simply link this thread (and the one I posted on TL Planet)... Oh, and this thread I found while Googling, where it looks like he SPAM's 600rr.net's boards to avoid the vendor status by advertising... http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=200691

The comment that makes the most sense in that thread:
Quote:
That leads to another question. Why has he been here for so long without posting anything, and just happens to be logged in and on the site the same day someone badmouths him?

Bypassing the vendor status maybe?

Something is really strange here.
Shady McShaderstein...

Old 10-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Maybe you should look at the WERA board. For a while, any time you typed HEROIC it came up as
Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Maybe you should look at the WERA board. For a while, any time you typed HEROIC it came up as
Huh?
Old 10-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Did a little bit of searching over there... don't know what you meant by your comment, but I did find that the admin/mods over there edited/deleted posts/threads with criticism... So in other words, that place is in the pocket of the vendors... bullshit. I fucking HATE boards like that. Fuck that place...

I did find one unedited post where someone claims that they have posted fake customer reviews on various forums... I'd like to say I'm surprised....