Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Horizon Unlimited people are Mr. 1upers, I would rather not pay for that type of company.
not the ones I've met... but i've only met three... so

I'm sure you've met more having both gone to the BMW rally and living by deals gap...

I'm about 90% sure I'm going... and I'm looking forward to the stories. Yes half the fun is figuring stuff out on your own... but I love stories... trip reports are boring after a while... but a well told story in person is WAY different.

also, I truly plan on riding around the world... and hearing about this that or another helps me plan, lets me know what's reality and what is just internet rumor. Yes by the time I get around to it... the world will have changed dramatically... but many of the basics and fundamentals of attempting the trip remain.

no need to reinvent the wheel, if they have a great idea that's tried and true, why not listen? I'm sure there will be a billion other tough situations that I can and will have to, figure out on my own.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I'm about 90% sure I'm going... and I'm looking forward to the stories.
I'm gonna see if I can make it, its more like a 50/50 thing for me, and it would prolly be something like leave thursday, ride down, hang out thursday night through sunday morning and be home for a late dinner sunday night, If I even go.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:

also, I truly plan on riding around the world... and hearing about this that or another helps me plan, lets me know what's reality and what is just internet rumor. Yes by the time I get around to it... the world will have changed dramatically... but many of the basics and fundamentals of attempting the trip remain.
I'm pretty sure that we are going to do very similar trips around the same time, at least within a year or two. Wouldnt it be hilarious to bump into each other in mongolia?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
but a well told story in person is WAY different
Most of the old farts I have run into are pretty damn boring. I rather listen to a good ole VFW fart any day of the week. Especially when they try to overdue it as this appears to be since they are going into the most terrible way of telling a story or presenting information ever known to man. The dreaded slideshow.

Fucking powerpoint is ruining my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm pretty sure that we are going to do very similar trips around the same time, at least within a year or two. Wouldnt it be hilarious to bump into each other in mongolia?
Shit... I was gonna say why not plan on meeting somewhere randomly through out the year and ride through a country or two together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Most of the old farts I have run into are pretty damn boring. I rather listen to a good ole VFW fart any day of the week. Especially when they try to overdue it as this appears to be since they are going into the most terrible way of telling a story or presenting information ever known to man. The dreaded slideshow.

Fucking powerpoint is ruining my life.
Yeah... I'll give you that... Death By Powerpoint SUCKS!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I will still ride with ya if you come up. If you are lucky I will take the DRZ and we can hit some fun dirt. Been wanting to get some camping experience, so I may be in for that even if I don't go to most of the conference BS stuff.

Depends on if I do the blue ridge the weekend before this though. I was planning doing the BRP labor day weekend.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I hear ya... what do you have planned for the 4th?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I hear ya... what do you have planned for the 4th?
Andrea is trying to get me to go to Hotlanta.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Ghey... get her to come camping.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Ghey... get her to come camping.
hahahhahahahahahahaha, this is what she said when I asked her opinion of the word camping: "do I look like I like camp?"
Quote: