Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Make sure you are familiar with your states laws and the laws of the states you may sell them in. Here in GA private sales dont require anything as far as reporting or paperwork, but you should ALWAYS get a bill of sale, regardless of state (free on the internet) and make sure the information is correct so if the gun you sells shoots someone later on, you have proof you sold it.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Relative died in Missouri, and I'm here cleaning out stuff.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

sorry to hear it.

i'd check with local FFL first, b/c that would be the least hassle. i think you're also less likely to get a deal there, though. other than that, i have used gunbroker.com to buy a firearm. it needs to be shipped overnight, as mentioned, and only to an FFL (at least, in most states). i'm honestly not sure if it has to come from an FFL, though. their website has a pretty good explanation of the process, so i'd recommend hopping over their and reading up about it.
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

Hans,

Post up or PM the guns info - any and all info. Craigslist is a no go. They don't allow gun sales.

I am not sure what you can do, as you are a California resident. Normally, like here in Georgia(and I am sure it is the same in Mo), face to face private party sales is just collect the cash and you are good to go. BUT the smart thing to do is a bill of sale with the buyer and gun info.

I would go to a gun shop in Mo and ask them what to do. They are Gun enthusiasts for the most part like we are motorcycle enuthiasts so they should will know to do. Dont BS them(you dont want jail time lol). If you do sell to someone out of state, it needs to go from a FFL to FFL(gun dealers). You cant just send it through the USPS.

Last edited by Inferno; 06-29-2010 at 07:10 PM..
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I am interested in what you have and agree with everyone else that you can ship no problem. I live in a "right to carry" state so it wouldn't be a problem. Not to sound like a criminal or anything but...if the guns aren't registered to anyone living why should he worry about what happens after the sale? Anyway, I'd post them up here, maybe you can get some decent cash off us. I'd take a 357 personally...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I am interested in what you have and agree with everyone else that you can ship no problem. I live in a "right to carry" state so it wouldn't be a problem. Not to sound like a criminal or anything but...if the guns aren't registered to anyone living why should he worry about what happens after the sale? Anyway, I'd post them up here, maybe you can get some decent cash off us. I'd take a 357 personally...
if its a smith i might want one myself
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Unless there are muzzle loaders in his collection, as a seller you can only ship to an FFL. Some FFLs won't accept shipment from individuals.

I'd make an account on calguns.com and get some help from people that know California laws and take back what's legal there and keep or sell them at your leisure and pawn whatever nots CA legal. The pistols are probably ok; it's the magazines that hold over 10 rounds that are illegal from what I understand.

http://midwestguntrader.com/ should get you started.

Last edited by Twobanger; 06-29-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #18
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Not to sound like a criminal or anything but...if the guns aren't registered to anyone living why should he worry about what happens after the sale?
It's all about liability and CYA. I wouldn't want to leave loose ends when it comes to arms sales.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
It's all about liability and CYA. I wouldn't want to leave loose ends when it comes to arms sales.
Yea, I understand that, just not what you all think will happen to him?

BTW as I understand it, he's in MS so who cares what Califoria law is?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
if its a smith i might want one myself
Smith & Wesson? I had one of those and they are great for shooting around the broad side of a barn. And the other ones I ahve shot sucked too. 2 guns I'll never own again are Glocks and S&W. I'll take my chances with a gas station cap gun.