Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #11
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Of course, I was smart enough to ask and keep a mental list of they really wanted during the year...not just around certain times of the year.
You are fucking smart. Ulu is shocked by my ability to get her exactly what she wants, and when she asks how I knew what to get her I always say "You told me." How is it so hard to listen to someone. She makes me give her a list every year, and I hate doing it. I don't like surprises anyway and would rather just get money, but noooooo. Ulu says that I'm hard to shop for and can't get me stuff. I RIDE A MOTORCYCLE, WOMAN. How hard is it when I'm always talking about new gloves, new helmet, and new boots to write a note? I'm not hugely into it, but I still don't have a bell on my bike. If she bought me one I'd hang it, but not only has she not bought me one, she doesn't even know what they are. She's seen them on people's bikes and just never asks, because she doesn't give a shit about the things that are important to me. This is one of the reasons I hate the holidays.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/default.aspx

That is some funny shit.

Though, I don't get it... I LOVE what Evan got me - it's a craftsman rolling tool chest for at the track that matches the one I have here in the garage. What the hell is wrong with getting tools for a gift??!?

Maybe if people weren't so passive aggressive in their day to day lives they wouldn't snap at getting something they really needed as a gift. I appreciate Evan telling me I need to work out over a "Are you really going to wear THAT" statement - it's all in the delivery.

OK, just reread this post - I'm really not typical

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

There is nothing wrong with tools as a gift as long as it is something you want and need. I like picking out my own tools. I am talking more like receiving a battery powered drill that was on sale at home depot when you already have two sitting in the garage because she didn't know what to get you. Just buying random tools because it's easy and the "man" thing to buy us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There is nothing wrong with tools as a gift as long as it is something you want and need. I like picking out my own tools. I am talking more like receiving a battery powered drill that was on sale at home depot when you already have two sitting in the garage because she didn't know what to get you. Just buying random tools because it's easy and the "man" thing to buy us.
Gotcha - I'm totally with that.

Best gift ever?? An electric air hammer to remove my rear tire on the Ducs. No air compressor needed, and it has a torque gauge on it. Zip off... zip on. It rules.

I think what it comes down to - gifts with thought > gifts for the sake of gift giving.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #15
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I like how they show a necklace at the end and have jewelryblablabla typed on the screen. So...they're saying women are jewelry whores. By me expensive jewelry and I'll be nice to you. Fuck that shit, you should be nice to me because you love me, not get shitty because I TRIED to think of something you'd like but I got it wrong. I don't give a fuck if someone gets me something I don't like. I shouldn't have to get you some special gift on a specific day of the year. If I'm nice and thoughtful throughout the year, that should count for something. It shouldn't matter if I buy you a fucking piece of jewelry or a vacuum cleaner. If you've been bitching about how you hate the vacuum cleaner that you have and I buy you a new one, WTF are you bitching at me for now?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

What the hell was she doing out of the kitchen to begin with???
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #17
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think what it comes down to - gifts with thought > gifts for the sake of gift giving.
That's my philosophy with gifts. Even if it's relatively inexpensive.. even if it isn't something they *need*.. and even if it's just one thing.. if it's something meaningful to the person you're giving it to, it's better than just buying random shit so they have something to open.

Oh, and Moira.. you are getting a lump of coal. You, Cass, and Laura, and anyone else involved in that business.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Oh, and Moira.. you are getting a lump of coal. You, Cass, and Laura, and anyone else involved in that business.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #19
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
You, sir, get the whole bag.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

That's some funny shit.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote