Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R
Default Riding partners

who do you guys perfer to ride with?

do you have a group that normally heads out and hits the twisties on a weekend, a local biker gang that you show your colors and goto the nearest 7/11 and sit (in that case ) or do you just randomly find ppl to tag along with on the good roads on nice days...

me personally i like riding with ppl i trust and have ridden with before

good ppl to ride with in no particular order

I think if i had to chose a ride trip, PC, osp, ftbstrd, fatburg, rae and kat is in order sometime this year

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Probably my favorite ride this past year was with that guy from ohio and you before I took out that R1. That was a good time. Wasn't pushing it to where any of us were beyond our limits, was just a fast paced good ride.

The ride from knoxville to wherever in kentucky when we ate lunch for the indy trip was awesome too. After that, the ride sucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
papapoi
Lost

90% of the time i ride by myself. But when i do ride in grps i use to ride With Rae, and the rest of the local folks in this said grp. they are all track whores now lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
dReWpY
RIP REX

you talking about the guys on the new liter bikes? the 1000rr and the zx10r, that was a shit load of fun, never thought i could pass a pair of new liters on the outside at dealsgap, actually made me feel like i was getting faster and becoming a better rider

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
dReWpY
RIP REX

they were fucking huge and one had a set of chaps on and managed to drag his knee once or twice thought he was about to shit himself when he got off the bike, but damn did he have a huge goofy grin on his face

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
who do you guys perfer to ride with?
Chris is my first choice; we know each other's ride style really well, and I know he's always watching out for me. We have several friends I love riding with, too. I've ridden with them so many times, and know them outside of riding as well, that the group dynamic is just very comfortable.

Quote:
do you have a group that normally heads out and hits the twisties on a weekend, a local biker gang that you show your colors and goto the nearest 7/11 and sit (in that case ) or do you just randomly find ppl to tag along with on the good roads on nice days...
We post weekend rides on the local board, and it's typically the usual suspects that we've ridden with several times. Rarely do we have a total unknown show up (usually anyone new is a friend of someone else in the group, so they're "vouched for"), but if there is someone new that we're unsure of, I'll opt to ride in the back, just to put a buffer between us until I've got an idea of their riding style.

Quote:
me personally i like riding with ppl i trust and have ridden with before
I agree; having to worry about what the guy in front of you is going to do right as you're entering a curve tends to sap the fun out of the ride.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
dReWpY
RIP REX

the guys around here Ftbstrd and his crew are great to ride with, they all are about the same speed, and know the roads every ride with them is fast paced but everyone is in there comfort zone and no real showoffs or idiots

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am so use to riding by myself in a crowd of unknowns, so riding with people who act like douchebags doesn't really bother me anymore. I've learned when I need to pull away quickly and when I just need to pull it over and let douchebag go on his merry way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
I am so use to riding by myself in a crowd of unknowns, so riding with people who act like douchebags doesn't really bother me anymore. I've learned when I need to pull away quickly and when I just need to pull it over and let douchebag go on his merry way.
I've left a couple of rides (when they were someone else's ride/I didn't organize it) due to douchbaggery, but I've also either 1.) just told the person "Hey, you're being a douche when you do this... knock it off!" or 2.) kicked them off the ride.

We've also not allowed people to ride with us if they were missing basic gear -- had a guy come out with a guy we know weekend before last, sans helmet. His friend TOLD him he had to wear his helmet, and then even offered to race home and grab a spare helmet for the guy before we left, but he opted not to, so I apologized and told him we'll see him next time -- with his lid.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Depends on the ride. If I'm just crusing then I like riding with friends or family (my brother and dad both ride). If I'm hauling ass then I'm a LOT more particular. I have been on a "hard" ride when a guy I casually knew went down and because I was out in front I felt somewhat responsible. I really don't haul ass with anyone anymore, unless we're at the track. When I ride hard I ride solo.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote