Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #61
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You got it. I've got a call into my dealer to demo one. My buddy is thinking about giving up his GSXR for the HD Rocker, as well.
extreme gayness. You will all be disappointed greatly when you realize what a HD really is...

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #62
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
extreme gayness. You will all be disappointed greatly when you realize what a HD really is...
Agreed.

All show....not much go. The ULTIMATE posuer bikes.

Get a metric power cruiser....much better performance and reliability....for half the cost.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #63
papapoi
Lost

I have had my Sv 650 since 2006 and i still haven't got tired of it. i just like to get out and ride even if i just go out for a couple hours. my next bike will be a touring bike. i dont think i could part with the SV, its just a great all around bike, but i do miss my 78 Yamaha xs11.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #64
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

already had this convo w/ u at the rally, u know my opinion.

I never ride hard enough to put a knee down on the street anymore, and i use the bike mostly for travel. Granted its not the most comfortable thing in the world, but its still fun for me. I think i'd like to get something more rugged though. Ive been going out riding a lot of adventures and stuff lately and they are very apealing. Mixxing camping and touring just sounds swell.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #65
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Agreed.

All show....not much go. The ULTIMATE posuer bikes.

Get a metric power cruiser....much better performance and reliability....for half the cost.
This is Bs plain and simple. I've ridden a few Harleys and their Jap clones. I'd pick the Harley any day.

If you can't see how much better the Harley is built, then you're looking with your eyes closed.

As for performance, I was very surprised at how hard apocs bike pulled to 110mph. I was even more amazed at how little damage it received sliding down the road. One single scratch...

You can sit here all day and spew anti Harley propoganda. Those of us who notice the diddrence between rc cola and coke like to pay a bit more for better quality.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #66
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
This is Bs plain and simple. I've ridden a few Harleys and their Jap clones. I'd pick the Harley any day.

If you can't see how much better the Harley is built, then you're looking with your eyes closed.

As for performance, I was very surprised at how hard apocs bike pulled to 110mph. I was even more amazed at how little damage it received sliding down the road. One single scratch...

You can sit here all day and spew anti Harley propoganda. Those of us who notice the diddrence between rc cola and coke like to pay a bit more for better quality.
I love harley fanboys. Harley isn't quality, it's a name brand that people want. The engineering and quality control of those machines are marginal at best. The engineering and quality control of the rice machines are well above anything harley has nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #67
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Kerry's buddy had a HD dressers with the new rubber mounted engines. The engine shook it self right off the frame mounts and almost wrecked him.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #68
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

It's a bit of a quandary. I get bored riding on the street, unless I can go fast. If I wanted to go slow, I'd take the bus. I've heard people talk about "scenery", but I've never seen any.

Problem is, now I'm fucking old, and having had the benefit of racing on the track, I find myself thinking about things like runoff, proximity of the nearest hospital, and how many times I can break my legs before they say, "fuck you, asshole" and leave me for a stamp collector.

About 20 years ago, a friend introduced me to dual-sports. I was hesitant, (there's all kinds of rocks and shit in the way, what a fucking stupid idea) but I warmed up to it when I realized I got the same rush dodging rocks and trees at 35mph, as I did dodging Buicks at 120mph.

There's another problem though... The KTM will do 80 on the gravel no problem at all, and since I'm an idiot, I will do 80 on the gravel along with it. Now I'll be the first to tell you, that doing 80 on gravel is stupid fast, stupid dangerous, and, well, just plain stupid.

It would seem that no matter what I ride, I still want to go fast, even though I know better.

BMW, sportbike, dirtbike, vintage bike, pocket bike, I don't care. I only have one question: How fast can I go without crashing the fucker?

JC
Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #69
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
It's a bit of a quandary. I get bored riding on the street, unless I can go fast. If I wanted to go slow, I'd take the bus. I've heard people talk about "scenery", but I've never seen any.

Problem is, now I'm fucking old, and having had the benefit of racing on the track, I find myself thinking about things like runoff, proximity of the nearest hospital, and how many times I can break my legs before they say, "fuck you, asshole" and leave me for a stamp collector.

About 20 years ago, a friend introduced me to dual-sports. I was hesitant, (there's all kinds of rocks and shit in the way, what a fucking stupid idea) but I warmed up to it when I realized I got the same rush dodging rocks and trees at 35mph, as I did dodging Buicks at 120mph.

There's another problem though... The KTM will do 80 on the gravel no problem at all, and since I'm an idiot, I will do 80 on the gravel along with it. Now I'll be the first to tell you, that doing 80 on gravel is stupid fast, stupid dangerous, and, well, just plain stupid.

It would seem that no matter what I ride, I still want to go fast, even though I know better.

BMW, sportbike, dirtbike, vintage bike, pocket bike, I don't care. I only have one question: How fast can I go without crashing the fucker?

JC
Amen.

Unfortunately, I usually find out the answer to the question in red about 2mph too late.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #70
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Amen.

Unfortunately, I usually find out the answer to the question in red about 2mph too late.
That's usually how it works.

Over the years though, I've learned to listen to that voice in the back of my head that says, "dude, you need to slow the fuck down a little".

Key words being, "a little".

JC