Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #21
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

125 class

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i thought it was for the electric class
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #23
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
Let me guess... this one races in the 250 class?
Of course. Erik Buell actually writes all of the race regulations, didn't ya know? It's not like he follows the rules and races where he's allowed. He just walks in with his new rule book, hands it over and starts racing.

He's fielding it in the AMA MX class next year. Be sure to check it out.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Of course. Erik Buell actually writes all of the race regulations, didn't ya know? It's not like he follows the rules and races where he's allowed. He just walks in with his new rule book, hands it over and starts racing.

and the pocket bike gps
Old 03-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Back in my dirt track stock car days there were 3 competing tracks that would change up their rule books almost every year to try and pull cars in from the other tracks. There was alot of success in finding the flaws and loopholes. With less than intelligent people writing the rules you could always find a class to cash in on, sometimes befriending the idiots and making small innocent suggestions would give you a subtle advantage, but nothing like DMG gave the Buell.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #26
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Back in my dirt track stock car days there were 3 competing tracks that would change up their rule books almost every year to try and pull cars in from the other tracks. There was alot of success in finding the flaws and loopholes. With less than intelligent people writing the rules you could always find a class to cash in on, sometimes befriending the idiots and making small innocent suggestions would give you a subtle advantage, but nothing like DMG gave the Buell.
DMG made a class whose deciding factor was HP/weight. That is all. Buell fit, so Buell raced.

I don't see the fuss, nor do I care what those who don't bother to look into the rules think about it. Those same people would bend any rule they could to get a head in life, but somebody takes advantage of the rules without bending or breaking them and they're suddenly experts on morality and ethics. Strange how that works..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #27
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

It isnt about morality or ethics. The backstory is Edmundson had a grudge against the AMA from way back, a grudge against the American Honda Boss, and a general dislike of the jap OEMs. He wrote the rules to give Buell a championship to thumb them all in the eye. Erik was just doing the smart thing, as was Eslick and RMR. They almost didnt pull it off but they did in the end. End of fairy tale.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
The Awesome
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post

I don't blame Buell at all. If there was a class structured around my bike dominating the field I would be all over it too. I blame DMG for making America the laughing stock of the racing world. They took the crappiest car racing series in the world and modeled a motorcycle variant. The unfortunate part about that is we now have no legitimate means for young talent to make it to the world stage. Racing in this country now begins and ends with club organizations like WERA and CCS. Spies is damn lucky he came along when he did, otherwise he might end up racing Goldwing trikes in DMG for the rest of his career.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #29
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
I don't blame Buell at all. If there was a class structured around my bike dominating the field I would be all over it too. I blame DMG for making America the laughing stock of the racing world. They took the crappiest car racing series in the world and modeled a motorcycle variant. The unfortunate part about that is we now have no legitimate means for young talent to make it to the world stage. Racing in this country now begins and ends with club organizations like WERA and CCS. Spies is damn lucky he came along when he did, otherwise he might end up racing Goldwing trikes in DMG for the rest of his career.
i guess at this point you'd fight through wera and then buy into one of the bsb one make feeders and pray to god someone notices you
Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i guess at this point you'd fight through wera and then buy into one of the bsb one make feeders and pray to god someone notices you
thats probably it. Sad too american superbike used to be the series to be in if you werent on the world stage, and guys would come here to race. bayliss was a fill in in american ducati untill he got called back to wsbk and it seems he did prety well there
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote