Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Lojack Alternative

I saw this while surfing Best Buy looking for a new camera...I ended up with the Sony like CEO. I looks pretty good and for the price of the equipment/monitoring it seems to beat LoJack. The best thing for me is that it doesn't depend on the cops having special equipment to track down your bike. Check it out and tell me what you think...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category

It comes with a rechargeable battery,a cigarette lighter plug in and a hard wire kit,so it is very versatile. The battery lasts for 5 days so even if they cut the battery,you can still find your bike,car,etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

I've also heard you can put an old cell phone in your car and if it gets stolen the police can request the phone company to tell you the location of the phone... the phone does have to be on and on a service plan tho, but if it works then u can just use an old phone and add it to your family plan. might end up being cheaper than 250 and 10$ a month for service.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I like it. You can use it to find the motherfucker without even involving the police... that has several benefits.

The cell phone thing sounds good in theory... but I spent 10 minutes the other day trying to get a straight answer from some guy in India about a mysterious $4 charge on my account... got transfered 11 hundred times and never really did get a good answer... Now imagine you call and say, "help me find my motorcycle."
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:09 AM   #4
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I like it. You can use it to find the motherfucker without even involving the police... that has several benefits.

The cell phone thing sounds good in theory... but I spent 10 minutes the other day trying to get a straight answer from some guy in India about a mysterious $4 charge on my account... got transfered 11 hundred times and never really did get a good answer... Now imagine you call and say, "help me find my motorcycle."
tru dat
Old 07-03-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hah it was on sale for $200 a couple weeks ago! Anyway,try pricing LoJack and you'll see that even at $250 this isn't bad. I've heard of people using the cell phone thing and I'm sure it works; if they take your bike where there is service, if the phone doesn't die, if the thieves don't look in the trunk, if they can get the phone company to track it fast enough, etc. I've seen this system in use at a dealership I've done some work for. They can set the system up to alert them by email if one of their bikes (they sell to no credit buyers and keep a gps on the bike until paid in full) goes out of a certain area,they can check on it 24/7 to see exactly where it is in real time. He showed me a map of the city and it had "dots" where all their units were.They can even program the system to send them emails at certain times everyday telling them where the bike is. The unit is waterproof and can be hidden on the bike. Oh and if the unit is disconnected from power it sends an email as well.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote